Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone wanted to flush out a DEF tank, how do people get out the DEF?

·
Banned
136 Posts
I had a CEL, I had put some Supertech Walmart DEF fluid I purchased at Walmart on a clearance not to long before the P1C54 code.. Me, like the AZ and other autoparts store sales people cannot read the date codes. They DEF manufactures do that intentionally I feel certain. I wanted to see if I replaced the DEF with the new Blue Platinum would make a difference.. I ended up taking it to the dealer and paid them for a diagnosis of the CEL light.. they said DEF was good and dosing valve was good, they could not figure out the issue. Looked it up online, recommended replacing the SCR at $4,000 out of pocket cost at 23,000 miles. I am now in process of trying to find pipes and tunes.. seems like the companies that sell those across the US and now within the last couple of weeks may have been blocked. Some sites have it posted... tunes will not work if any emission systems components removed or faulted. Or cannot be shipped to US.. I think my truck is stuck in "Take a loss and Trade it in" now. Not what I was expecting at all.. :mad::mad:

·
931 Posts
I had a CEL, I had put some Supertech Walmart DEF fluid I purchased at Walmart on a clearance not to long before the P1C54 code.. Me, like the AZ and other autoparts store sales people cannot read the date codes. They DEF manufactures do that intentionally I feel certain. I wanted to see if I replaced the DEF with the new Blue Platinum would make a difference.. I ended up taking it to the dealer and paid them for a diagnosis of the CEL light.. they said DEF was good and dosing valve was good, they could not figure out the issue. Looked it up online, recommended replacing the SCR at $4,000 out of pocket cost at 23,000 miles. I am now in process of trying to find pipes and tunes.. seems like the companies that sell those across the US and now within the last couple of weeks may have been blocked. Some sites have it posted... tunes will not work if any emission systems components removed or faulted. Or cannot be shipped to US.. I think my truck is stuck in "Take a loss and Trade it in" now. Not what I was expecting at all.. :mad::mad:
You are literally a hemorrhoid on this forum.

Nobody cares about your sob story anymore. Countless members have given you advice and information, myself included, yet you do not listen.

Please, sell your truck and log out of this forum. Permanently. Please.

·
Banned
136 Posts
My only concerns are for those who may be considering buying this truck that has hidden issues not being caught by surprise. Not whatever the fishy man thinks, NO One forces you to read my rants.. I want a person who does not expect sudden failures to a truck they maintained not to be covered by a warranty they thought they had, especially if like I did purchased the extended warranty that does not cover it either.. talk to your little sharky and it will tell you I am right. Coastie, go through your rod in the ocean if your proud of that catch..

·
Banned
136 Posts
A forum is to share your experiences with others on what to look for and be aware of. I don't only come here like some to gossip... that is what Tik Tok or one of those other social media sites are for. There is absolutely No One forcing you to read my postings on what is wrong with the Titan.. so put your spurs on twirl your lasso, hug your puppy and move on..

·
1,408 Posts
I’ve offered up an exhaust solution to you on more than one occasion. If you did a little research you’d see that it’s even a deal. I don’t think you want a solution though...you just want to complain.

·
Banned
136 Posts
Did not see your solution, sorry... just too busy complaining about my damn bad luck during the lousy weather.. either sit here and bitch or get drunk and bitch.. or both sometimes.. thanks though.. think I am going to get a new Ram.. Seen one that compares to the Titan PR and without a diesel..

·
Banned
136 Posts
Rams appear to be a better rated truck.. I had a Ford for 13 years.. bad habit of the 5.4 spitting out spark plugs on most everyone I ran into at gas stations I asked and they had it happen.. Neighbors son had it happen twice.. I called Ford on it, they said not their fault. Even though most spit out early.. under 30,000 miles with OEM plugs still installed.. took the thread in head with them. A friend had a Chevy, kid gloved it and said he would never buy another.. he put a lot of highway miles on his. So Ram is obvious choice.

·
7 Posts
Rams appear to be a better rated truck.. I had a Ford for 13 years.. bad habit of the 5.4 spitting out spark plugs on most everyone I ran into at gas stations I asked and they had it happen.. Neighbors son had it happen twice.. I called Ford on it, they said not their fault. Even though most spit out early.. under 30,000 miles with OEM plugs still installed.. took the thread in head with them. A friend had a Chevy, kid gloved it and said he would never buy another.. he put a lot of highway miles on his. So Ram is obvious choice.
Please stop spamming all over this forum. I come here to read interesting things for our trucks but all I see lately is your posts all over this forum that usually have nothing to do with the original topics of the posts.

Just like this last post of yours talking about Rams being better rated and Ford's spitting out spark plugs in a posting that is specific to DEF draining. This has absolutely nothing to do with DEF draining so either stay on topic or freaking just STOP and MOVE ON! I'm tired of clicking on topics that have been updated and then seeing you talk about your emissions troubles over and over.

·
14 Posts
why did you do that? Was it before your problems started. Might start to make sense now.
I had put some Walmart Clearance DEF fluid in the tank..days before the CEL came on trying to eliminate anything that would affect the system and give it a chance to recover.. I had read online some had the CEL light extinguish by itself.. either way.. The dealer read the specific gravity with a refractometer and it was all good.. I was never to get anything out of the tank by a syphon..

·
14 Posts
Please stop spamming all over this forum. I come here to read interesting things for our trucks but all I see lately is your posts all over this forum that usually have nothing to do with the original topics of the posts.

Just like this last post of yours talking about Rams being better rated and Ford's spitting out spark plugs in a posting that is specific to DEF draining. This has absolutely nothing to do with DEF draining so either stay on topic or freaking just STOP and MOVE ON! I'm tired of clicking on topics that have been updated and then seeing you talk about your emissions troubles over and over.
Then stop clicking.. go away...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts