Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of side and front utilitrac rails (thanks to junglejim) I was eyeballing them up to my bed. I have the the holes in front and back of sides with bolts already there to mount. However in the center of the sides there are 4 bolts that are supposed to go into the holes to hold rails in place and I don't have those holes. I can always drill the holes or run metal screws directly into bedside. I was wondering if there was anything auto related that acted as a drywall anchor does. That I could drill put the anchor in and run screw which will hold it in place? (Similiar to drywall anchor for hollow wall mounting) any thoughts. Looks like the trucks that have these from the factory already have a nut welded onto the bedside to accept the bolt...

·
772 Posts
weld a nut in the side of the bed flush with the sheet metal/bedliner???

don't use a screw if you plan on actually using these lol.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pro4x doesn't come stock with utilitrac. It is an option on the utility and audio package for $1100. It includes the RF stereo as well as utilitrac. My truck didn't come with this package... Wish it did. The RF system is awesome and I will use this utlitrac once in.

·
167 Posts
Didn't realize that as all pro4x models come with utilitrac in Canada. I'm very surprised they didn't include the mounting nuts.

·
909 Posts
I bought a set of side and front utilitrac rails (thanks to junglejim) I was eyeballing them up to my bed. I have the the holes in front and back of sides with bolts already there to mount. However in the center of the sides there are 4 bolts that are supposed to go into the holes to hold rails in place and I don't have those holes. I can always drill the holes or run metal screws directly into bedside. I was wondering if there was anything auto related that acted as a drywall anchor does. That I could drill put the anchor in and run screw which will hold it in place? (Similiar to drywall anchor for hollow wall mounting) any thoughts. Looks like the trucks that have these from the factory already have a nut welded onto the bedside to accept the bolt...

What you are looking for are called rivnuts. They are like a drywall anchor. Drill the hole and treat it so it doesn't rust. Screw the rivnut on to the tool, insert in hole and operate the tool to collapse the rivnut. You can buy them online, and they come in metric sized inserts so you can use the factory bolts.
There are different styles but we use the slotted style to install the missing Titan boxes.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I knew there had to be someway! Thanks for the input. Will give it a shot this week with rivet nuts and post pics. It's silly how some things are standard in Canada and different things standard in U.S. like the engine block heater being standard in Canada and an accessory in U.S... Like it doesn't get cold around here (well at least this year wasn't bad). And don't really get utilitrac as standard in Canada... Nissan come on!

·
909 Posts
That's probably because we all live in igloos up here and have snow 13 months a year.
Americans have more options and colours to chose from. It has always been that way. We don't usually get 2WD models up here. Almost all our trucks come with spray in bedliners, trailer tow mirrors and mudflaps have always been standard equipment.
If you talk to your dealer they may be able to install the rivnuts for you. Assuming they have the tool. We had to source a tool to install the missing boxes.

·
348 Posts
Didn't realize that as all pro4x models come with utilitrac in Canada. I'm very surprised they didn't include the mounting nuts.
So do all the Canada Pro4x also come with the LED bed lighting? That is part of the Utility and Audio package in the states.

·
348 Posts
That's probably because we all live in igloos up here and have snow 13 months a year.
Americans have more options and colours to chose from. It has always been that way. We don't usually get 2WD models up here. Almost all our trucks come with spray in bedliners, trailer tow mirrors and mudflaps have always been standard equipment.
If you talk to your dealer they may be able to install the rivnuts for you. Assuming they have the tool. We had to source a tool to install the missing boxes.
All the Igloos here in central FL have beer in them, lol.

·
348 Posts
Interesting how the packages and options vary from country to country. I was in Nassau a few weeks ago and looked at a diesel Frontier, the guy had bought it in March. The right hand drive was hard to get used to seeing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts