Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that if you are in an accident, with air bag deployment, some kind of emergency call is made by the Titan to get you help....

I do NOT use/subscribe to Nissan Connect, I do not have my phone linked to the truck in any way, so exactly how does that emergency transmission go through?
Where is the antenna that allows it to transmit?????

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was confused by what I read in the manual....

Is the call made via cellular service or is it a GPS signal?

Also, I wanted to know where the antenna was. The reason for asking about the antenna is because I carry a truck camper and i was wondering if my camper would block that emergency signal.....
I have very poor reception on my Sirius radio when my camper is on my truck. If that is indicative of how the emergency transmission will work, than i was wondering if the antenna for the emergency call could be relocated to a better place (for me) on my truck.....

·
1,979 Posts
It will CALL into the Nissan Connect call center with the GPS Coordinates.
I'm guessing it's integrated into the Antenna that's on top of the roof.
Hope that helps.

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it uses the antenna on the roof over the drivers head, do you think there is a way to relocate that antenna? I would like to take care of this before i make my 3 week trip to northern Wisconsin this summer....

·
1,979 Posts
If it uses the antenna on the roof over the drivers head, do you think there is a way to relocate that antenna? I would like to take care of this before i make my 3 week trip to northern Wisconsin this summer....
I'm guessing there is a way but most likely you'll have to take the headliner down to get to the wires. You could call a shop that deals with vehicle audio equipment, they would be more knowledgeable about that stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts