Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2021 Titan XD SV 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never thought I would get rid of my 2017 Titan with 20k miles. But after test driving the XD it was all over.

They offered me 2k more than what I paid for my ‘17 and then took 8k off the sticker of the ‘21 XD. So far I’ve logged 500 miles in 2 weeks and almost all 500 has been towing a travel trailer. The difference in capability is unbelievable. What an underrated truck. Had to add a few photos as well as one of the ol’ silver 17 for nostalgia sake. Great truck.

Attachments

·
348 Posts
Well, I never thought I would get rid of my 2017 Titan with 20k miles. But after test driving the XD it was all over.

They offered me 2k more than what I paid for my ‘17 and then took 8k off the sticker of the ‘21 XD. So far I’ve logged 500 miles in 2 weeks and almost all 500 has been towing a travel trailer. The difference in capability is unbelievable. What an underrated truck. Had to add a few photos as well as one of the ol’ silver 17 for nostalgia sake. Great truck.
Welcome to the forum! It's really interesting to get someone doing an apples-to-apples comparison between the two gassers - we don't see a lot of folks who take the step up like you did from a newer 1/2 ton Titan. Truck values are nuts right now, aren't they?

·
10 Posts
Man you ain’t just whistlin’ Dixie, either. Truck prices are insane. I know they have been high for a while but .....WOW ! Used ones with 100K plus miles selling for more than my first house cost...... just showing my age i guess but dang.
I am looking and negotiating right now and trying to decide on a standard Titan 4WD SL package, or going to the XD gasser . Not many XD gassers around me in close proximity.......... i can’t justify the diesel and most of my driving will not be towing, although i intend to get a TT in next year or so. right now i just have truck fever ( again) after driving 2012 Armada Platinum 4WD that i owned for about 7 years- was a great vehicle but ready to change. Hope i make a good decision. As bad as i want or think i want the diesel, just a little skeptical and again with most of my driving being unloaded and less than 1 hour in length of trips......... not sure i can make sense to own the oil burner.

·
310 Posts
I'm due for an oil change this month. I know I'll be safe and this won't happen to me when I go to the dealer because there aren't any XD's around. :D

·
10 Posts
i am looking hard right now. I am really liking the XD, drove a 2017 PR 2WD, with about 60K miles on it last Sunday, had the 5.6L gasser in it. I thought it drove and rode nice, ........ i had it in my head though that i want 4WD just because better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.............
I keep reading comments here, and trying to want the diesel, but will only tow occasionally pulling something in the 8K lbs range ( RV) ....... decisions decisions. should i just toss a coin ? ;-)

·
2021 Titan XD SV 4x4
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am looking hard right now. I am really liking the XD, drove a 2017 PR 2WD, with about 60K miles on it last Sunday, had the 5.6L gasser in it. I thought it drove and rode nice, ........ i had it in my head though that i want 4WD just because better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.............
I keep reading comments here, and trying to want the diesel, but will only tow occasionally pulling something in the 8K lbs range ( RV) ....... decisions decisions. should i just toss a coin ? ;-)
You should be fine with the gas. Mine is a dedicated tow vehicle. I just hit 800 miles on mine and all of it has been towing a 7k travel trailer with another 500+ pounds in the bed all around Colorado. I’m averaging 8.2 MPG and it tows absolutely fantastic. Hoping once she’s broken in maybe I can get slightly better mileage. You’d probably get better mileage with the diesel but I was worried about letting a diesel sit unused for weeks/months at a time. It’s my understanding that they like to be put to work on the regular.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts