Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to disrespect people for buying the xd. I just don't understand why people would pay msrp and above in this day and age? Is it that important to have the latest. I was first on board in our area for the xd. But once no one was willing to negotiate. I figured best to be patient. The other thing of concern is resale for the guys paying full pop as they will have over paid in a sense once they start discounting these.
For those who are buying all the power to you. But maybe it's the Scotsman in me I just don't get it.

·
904 Posts
Definitely won't pay above msrp. I put a deposit on one with an understanding to the dealer that if we can't make a deal or I don't like the truck I get the deposit back in full. Was really looking for mpg of 20+ but without some tuning it is looking doubtful I can make that happen. Maybe Looking for a tundra trd pro if we can't come to terms in pro4x

·
909 Posts
Today people want instant gratification. They will pay what ever they need to get it right now. When plasma TV's came out people paid tens of thousands of dollars to be the first to own one. People line up for hours to get the newest and latest phones, games etc. It is the world we live in.
The first new vehicle I ever bought was a 1987 F-150 that took eight weeks to get built and delivered. Customers want to buy it and drive it within a matter of days now.

·
19 Posts
It's a supply and demand thing. Low supply, high demand results in dealers holding the line on pricing/discounts and manufacturers holding the line on rebates and incentives.

Give it some time and things will get more to what people are used to. (it was the same when the re-designed Murano came out)

There is also a segment of the population with alot of $$$ (especially at the Canadian price point of 76k) that really don't care if they pay 70k or 76k for the truck. Usually quite wealthy folks.

·
50 Posts
While I'd love to have this truck, there's no way I'm paying over $65k Canadian for it. Hate to say it, but it seems like it might be a F150 Lariat for me.

·
19 Posts
While I'd love to have this truck, there's no way I'm paying over $65k Canadian for it. Hate to say it, but it seems like it might be a F150 Lariat for me.
Yeah this reminds me of 2005. We had $2500 rebate on the Titan back then as a rebate and people kept coming in saying they were getting 9k at GM and some similar number at ford.

It's gonna be one of those scenarios where you have to really love the truck in order to buy it and pay the premium over what the domestics offer.

·
1,300 Posts
Well it all depends on your negotiating skills we just picked up our Pro4x lux and got a set of running boards town in and 6k off msrp. If they want to sell a truck they will.....

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
As production increases, the price will drop. The only question is how fast that is going to happen.

·
70 Posts
Not trying to stir up anything but I guess I'm missing something on the whole price debate. A fully loaded F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4 is around 55k and the Ram 1500 4x4 Limited with Ram boxes etc. like the Platinum Reserve has is 55K also and then you throw in the extra cost of the diesel on the Titan like any other brand charges and you are at the 60k mark. Maybe you guys are referring to the actual purchase price of the domestics and not their sticker price. I mean after rebates, special financing etc.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your right msrp is where it should be. For example I was looking a ram ecodiesel outdoorsman optioned very similar to the titan xd. It msrp'd only about $1000 less. I would gladly pay $1000-$2000 more then an ecodiesel. But problem is I can get almost $15000 off ecodiesel.
Similar scenario with f250 xlt fx4 6.7 msrp is $66500 so msrp is about $2500 more then the titan xd more capable truck missing a few options compared to the xd sv premium but still very comparable but I can get that f250 for $52000 right now.
They need to start putting some offers on them before I see it feasible.

·
1,300 Posts
Well a ram or ford will be the cheaper option hands down, but there's one item they are missing and it is quality. I just traded off my 2011 ram 3500 laramie, yea its a nice truck but there are some serious short cuts taken on those trucks, examples the steering box it junk they break in and slop all over the place, steering parts are under sized for the size of the truck, the interior rattles when you hit bumps, suspension is just put on the truck not designed for the truck...
I could go on forever but at the end of the day these "import" trucks are just built stronger and way more reliable. Only reason why ive owned dodge in the past is im a cummins engine fan. I will trust a cummins over a eco diesel and those eco boost are just brutal they will not last, that V6 twin turbo is in boost all the time and not just 3 to 7 psi, so imagine what kind of stress that puts on internal parts, tubo shafts, heads ect it all adds up. So that being said I did spend an extra 5k and got the nissan for the fact that its just built better you can feel the quality in the ride, and out in alberta the service departments at ram are a joke, so for me my choice was very clear.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Extra $5000?
Either you got a really good deal on the xd or not getting very good pricing on the others.
As stated in ontario even with the $3000 off the titan xd sv is still over $10,000 more then a comparable F250 xlt, with the incentives ford has. And the ecodiesel is over $13000 cheaper for similar equipped outdoorsman.
Would I pay a premium for a titan xd? Yes I would in a heart beat, because my past experience with nissan. But would I pay a $10,000 premium for a less capable truck as compared to a f250 not a chance.
For that matter optioned xd specs aren't that far off the ecodiesel, but the ecodiesel has a huge mpg advantage.

·
1,300 Posts
They will....you just gotta be firm with em or try a differant dealer. I paid 67250.00C for mine. I said I want the truck this is what I'm willing to pay with my trade differance... take it or leave it. They could not get to my price but than decided to give me a set of running boards to make up the difference. So it was good I don't feel like I over paid all that much for it.

·
1,300 Posts
They took 6471.00 off MRSP and added in the step boards (No clue what the price is on them im guessing around 1200 installed) into the deal as the pro4x doesn't come with boards. They said we cant give you any more off but here if you want the running boards than we will throw them on. So for me it was a fair deal.

·
214 Posts
They took 6471.00 off MRSP and added in the step boards (No clue what the price is on them im guessing around 1200 installed) into the deal as the pro4x doesn't come with boards. They said we cant give you any more off but here if you want the running boards than we will throw them on. So for me it was a fair deal.
6471$ off MSRP, that's good to know.

Could you send me your dealers coordinate in MP? At that price, I'd drive down to your neck of the wood ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I consider myself pretty good at wheelin and dealing. But I would almost consider every dealer I have talked almost arrogant about the titan. It's lIke them have been programmed to believe it's the best on the market.
One dealer I talked to today. Response I got when mentioning the powerstroke. They said the cummins xd is superior in every way and the xd is premium truck so you are going to pay a premium price. I said "I see where this going thank you for your time"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts