Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is ratted at 12500lbs and 550 ft of torque. I have seen gasers 480 ft lbs of torqure at 13500 lbs something is wrong.

·
1,148 Posts
Its definitly underrated. My heaviest tow I've done is right at 14k, the truck literally just pulls it wonderfully. It stops the load just as good too. Theres no reason this truck shouldnt have the same tow ratings as say a 2007 f250 or duramax being as our power output matches those year 3/4 tons

·
1,148 Posts
It doesnt need another leaf spring. Hell mine squats less with 14k on it than my bosses 2017 f250.

·
25 Posts
Over 13,000 lbs bumper pulled across multiple states, 80 MPH on cruise control. Zero issues. Acted like it wasn’t even back there. I’d say underrated. Rear suspension sag was the weak point. Could use an extra leaf or an air bag.

·
1,148 Posts
Over 13,000 lbs bumper pulled across multiple states, 80 MPH on cruise control. Zero issues. Acted like it wasn’t even back there. I’d say underrated. Rear suspension sag was the weak point. Could use an extra leaf or an air bag. View attachment 44637
Just get you some timbrens and problem solved. Absolutley love mine over the air bags I had before

·
86 Posts
It has nothing to due with HP or torque. There are big trucks with less rated to tow three times as much. I would guess the rear axle is the weak link.
It’s a 1 ton rear axle, it’s actually over rated for our truck. The frame is the weak link compared to 3/4-1 ton trucks.

·
2 Posts
It’s a 1 ton rear axle, it’s actually over rated for our truck. The frame is the weak link compared to 3/4-1 ton trucks.
The frame isn't the weak point on the xd, the rear axle is the weak point. The axle is a semi floating axle rated at 4900$, hence the reason it only has 6 lugs.

·
2018 Midnight
13 Posts
One of the reasons I like XD over 2500 is a nice ride. I drive it almost daily unloaded, and it is way better on bouncy back roads than my previous Duramax. Airbags can be a real fix for sagging, so you can adjust it when towing or unloaded. Power-wise, I can see torque over 700 when pedal is down with a good load behind, 0 HP tune. Aisin Transmission is another reason I like this truck, not that Allison is bad. Only wish for a bigger tank, and a bigger filler hole for truck stops.

·
1 Posts
IMO, they shouldve thrown some 8 lug rims, 1 more leaf spring on each side, increased the towing capacity and the truck wouldve been a serious contender.
Preach! That, along with the usable gallons of fuel (20), was the reason the diesel didn't take off for Nissan. Likely some pin-head - no offense to C-Levels out there - in a board/high-level meeting nixed the extra cost.

·
5 Posts
The weakest link are the leaf springs. It could use tougher 8 lug wheels and a full floating axle but I’ve hauled way over capacity with no problems. Change your differential fluid every 20k. Mine was FILTHY with silver metal sludge on the plug at 20k.

·
45 Posts
The weakest link are the leaf springs. It could use tougher 8 lug wheels and a full floating axle but I’ve hauled way over capacity with no problems. Change your differential fluid every 20k. Mine was FILTHY with silver metal sludge on the plug at 20k.
I have a 2018 xd diesel...anyone have any suggestions for a rear suspension upgrade...looked at summo springs and a few other but nothing listed for 2018 xd diesel...thanks

·
1,148 Posts
I have a 2018 xd diesel...anyone have any suggestions for a rear suspension upgrade...looked at summo springs and a few other but nothing listed for 2018 xd diesel...thanks
I used to run airbags, but I'm tired of messing with them. I installed timbrens on my xd few months ago, these are the best thing since sliced cheese lol. Sagged 3" with my work trailer before them, now it only sags 1.25", and that's with 14k lbs behind me.

·
14 Posts
It is ratted at 12500lbs and 550 ft of torque. I have seen gasers 480 ft lbs of torqure at 13500 lbs something is wrong.
I have said before this truck does the job. Comments like weak link, frame, wheels, axle etc etc is crap. I have my own Grand Design 5th wheel with 30k miles pulling a 337rls that is loaded. Moves heavy 5th wheels that are very heavy when friends go back north after snow birding. I have air bags and a 50 gallon fuel tank. I now have 50k on the truck and will be pulling out west this summer. It is one of the most stable trucks I have every pulled with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts