Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped by a dealership today with the intentions of test driving an xd for the first time. I just happen to be in the area and noticed about 8 or 9 parked in the front row. Pulled in and there was an sv model parked up front. As I headed towards the row full of xd's I noticed they were all blocked in!! Wth! A full row of trucks blocked in by a full row of sentras! The only one they had accessible for test drive was the sv 2wd. I didn't have a lot of time, so I just browsed around and left, but it doesn't seem to me that making your newest model vehicle a pain in the butt to get to is a great theory.

On another note, I love the way this truck looks in person. And it is a big truck! Videos and pics do not do it justice. That pr interior is sexy. I've been eyeing these trucks since they came out, but now I'm 99% sure that an xd will be my next purchase. I might go back Saturday and actually drive one, but now I'm afraid if I actually drive it it might just come home with me.

·
43 Posts
I've had mine for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. No regrets at all. The ride is awesome and there is plenty of power. Good luck to you on your endeavor to buy one.

·
904 Posts
Good luck! And YES IF you test drive... It WILL be parked in your driveway. Also no regrets with my purchase either...

·
1,300 Posts
I've had mine for almost 2 months now honestly its best truck I've driven in years other than my old 87 4runner SASed on 37s... I sold that a while ago but I still get the same smile driving this XD as my old 4Runner.
The new XD will find its way onto your driveway.

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I finally got to test drive one today! Pro4x model with the base interior(cloth leather combo). First impression, **** those seats really are comfortable!! Took it on about a 10 mile test drive down the highway and on some side streets and I was very impressed with how it drove and road. If felt as big as the ram 2500 I drove a few weeks ago, but was much smoother over the bumps. I can honestly echo all the you tube videos.......feels like a big truck, rides like a 1/2 ton, not a speedster but plenty of go(I downshifted to pass a few people and was doing 90 without even noticing), the back seat storage is really cool too! I wish they had test trailers at the dealership just so I could towing something with it, haha
I want to wait until the gassers are out and drive one of those, but a Titan xd will be my next truck. Sticker was $52xxx, if dealers shaft discounting better and I could get one for $45k or a gasser for $40k that would be right in my budget.

On a side note....how do I attach pics from my phone or iPad?

·
169 Posts
And how hard, exactly, is it to move a car and drive the truck out?

Not hard at all.

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And how hard, exactly, is it to move a car and drive the truck out?

Not hard at all.
In theory you are correct. But in reality, I've never test driven a vehicle where it took any less that 5-10 minutes for the salesman to get a set of keys. So on that day, I wasn't willing to wait potentially 20-30 min for them to get keys to 2 cars(because of the way they were parked) and the truck. Heck, yesterday when I did test drive one that was parked up front it took the guy 15 min to make a copy of my dl and find a set of keys.

·
38 Posts
Well I drove the cummins today and their sister store has a gasser in stock so Nissan is shipping them to Michigan already. Hope that 5 liter needs some break in time because it didn't feel like it would pull a greasy string out of a cats ass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts