Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would say I need mud flaps? If your going to buy an XD do yourself a favor and buy mud flaps or the inside of your front doors will look like this...

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
That's what I was saying with my post my only gripe. Funny part they put a partial flap in front of rear fender.

·
77 Posts
That's what I was saying with my post my only gripe. Funny part they put a partial flap in front of rear fender.
It's not a mud flap but rather a spat, it breaks the air around the rear tire for better aerodynamics.

I don't care for the looks of mud flaps but I did put a set on my current truck as they do keep the crap out of the doors and rock chips down.

·
17 Posts
I would say I need mud flaps? If your going to buy an XD do yourself a favor and buy mud flaps or the inside of your front doors will look like this...
Do you have a Pro4X with the stock tires? The tread looks pretty good, how do you like the tires so far?

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is a pro4x. The stock tires do have an aggressive tread that is nice and doesn't have any excessive road noise. It does throw the mud. It is a rare day that I don't come home with mud thrown all over my side view mirrors and side of my truck

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After reading about the oem Mudflaps not doing much I never put any mud flaps on. I ended up doing the nissan step rails that do help a little bit keeping the mud off the paint. There are several members on here that have removed the oem mudflaps to put on larger tires and they may sell them at a good price. May want to post on the WANT TO BUY thread and someone may message you.

·
113 Posts
Hopefully by the time I pull the trigger for a XD somebody will have come out with a real mudflap that actually does some good. AT tires and gravel roads can do a number on the rocker panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts