Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey just thought id put up the part number of the 7 pin 5th wheel adapter kit that i picked up and a couple pictures of the install in the Pro4X. This kit is pretty good super easy to install it only took about 45 mins start to finish.

·
2 Posts
Good job. I contacted Nissan like many others about their 5th wheel setup but nothing yet. I have a Curt 16K slider on my Tundra but I want to make sure it can be used on the XD before I buy. I am not in a rush but Curt makes a 4 puck frame for the Ram but right now that is my second choice. Anyways looks good.

·
149 Posts
Hey just thought id put up the part number of the 7 pin 5th wheel adapter kit that i picked up and a couple pictures of the install in the Pro4X. This kit is pretty good super easy to install it only took about 45 mins start to finish.

What do the wires tie into or did you just make the other end plug into the stock 7 pin harness.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the kit that i got was all plug and play, you don't have to splice any wires or anything all are factory style push in plugs. only thing that needed to do was find a ground for a single wire.

and yes the truck does come with a 7 pin on the bumper but than you have to run the wires over the gate and hope it doesn't scratch the **** out of everything.
For 60 bucks off amazon shipped to my door i think its well worth it, and there isnt much to do for install all plug and play, it took longer to figure out if i wanted it on that side or the other lol.

·
124 Posts
Does your trailer light check work with the gooseneck wiring? The light check works fine on my gooseneck off the bumper, but in the bed both turn signals flash at the same time and half brightness. They work perfectly fine with the turn signal stalk though, has me stumped.

I installed the same kit you did.

Attachments

·
52 Posts
Does your trailer light check work with the gooseneck wiring? The light check works fine on my gooseneck off the bumper, but in the bed both turn signals flash at the same time and half brightness. They work perfectly fine with the turn signal stalk though, has me stumped.

I installed the same kit you did.
Let me know if you figure your issue out, I gotta do this!

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well My issue was the ground wire!! the White ground (in the box of the truck) they wanted you to mount on the frame. It doesn't seem to be all that good doesnt talk properly as its not going back to the computer. I ran the white wire from the box all the way down to the bumper and spliced it into the white ground that plugs into the factory plug. And bingo it works !!!

Reactions: Imonfire

·
224 Posts
I did this mod to mine as well, but I used the Curt 56000 plug-and-play harness. There was no ground wire to connect and everything works just like factory. Cost me $62.

MB

·
124 Posts
I'll have to try grounding that wire. It should already be getting a ground through the factory plug. I have a 30' jumper I can hook right to the battery and give it a whirl.

It's only the keyfob light check that doesn't work, they work perfect and are plenty bright when you flip the turn signals on by hand.

·
52 Posts
Any of you guys that did this, did you have the 110 plug in about the same location where you put the connector in the bed? I may have to go to the other side to avoid mine.

·
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya the 110v plug is above it, there is lots of room in there for both plugs

Reactions: Imonfire
1 - 15 of 15 Posts