Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm over not being able to allow my passagner to manualy enter locations etc while we are driving. Anyone bypass the infotainment while driving lock yet?

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be amazing. Wish someone would hack this already.
Agreed. There are lots of kits out there for other models and I am betting another vehicle uses the same system so just need to figure out wich one works. It should be a simple switch and resistor, but I'd like to find something that plugs into the factory harness..

Also anyone figure out how to get it to stop giving the 2000 address limit message?

·
450 Posts
The single most frustrating part is I can talk to my truck with google search and find destinations - No need to take my eyes off the road to enter an address manually - but once the address is found through google voice search the last step is to press the start button.

IT WONT LET YOU PRESS THE START BUTTON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Makes zero sense.

·
1,979 Posts
The whole point of having a navigation sytem in a truck as part of a feature set I paid for is to use it. If I just wanted to use my phone well then I could have bought a base model.
Idk, I have Nav in most of my vehicles but still go to Google maps on my phone. Usually the Nav is packaged with other things I want.

·
658 Posts
Nope, all of my garmin GPS have unlock function.
Vehicle OEM systems
In dash vehicle OEM GPS systems... I know i have found people complaining about this since at least 2004. That's 12 years ago. With all the safety enhancements in vehicles these days and the uproar about distracted driving, you really think car manufacturers are going to let you "play" with your GPS while driving down the road? Is it annoying? Yes. Do I personally feel responsible enough to manage my own distracted driving? Yes. Do I think that car manufacturers should lock you out while moving? Yes I do. Sorry if you dont like that...

·
1,979 Posts
In dash vehicle OEM GPS systems... I know i have found people complaining about this since at least 2004. That's 12 years ago. With all the safety enhancements in vehicles these days and the uproar about distracted driving, you really think car manufacturers are going to let you "play" with your GPS while driving down the road? Is it annoying? Yes. Do I personally feel responsible enough to manage my own distracted driving? Yes. Do I think that car manufacturers should lock you out while moving? Yes I do. Sorry if you dont like that...
I was just clarifying what you meant.

·
176 Posts
I have used the voice commands while driving, but you have to already know the address or programmed POI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 87 Posts