Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend's father is an exec at Nissan, so I had them text their dad to get the MPG since I couldn't find it anywhere. THE COMBINED CITY/HWY MPG IS 22.7!!!

This is very close to the Ram Ecodiesel and is awesome for the power/torque IMO. I know people may not believe me about this number. Idc, I have the screenshots from my friend to prove it but I don't want to get this guy in trouble for leaking the MPG before the official release.

·
36 Posts
I don't doubt it. In the truckumentary when they were talking about testing cold starts and how quick the cabin warms up they panned across the dash really quickly. I got it paused just right and it showed 19.7 average mpg. If that is average with cold start testing and city running then highway should be around 24.

·
235 Posts
Your friend's father is awesome for providing you guys with the XD's MPG! That's only 2 miles short of the Ram Ecodiesel which is still pretty good.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, if the S starts below $40k, the SV around $44k, and the SL around $48k; I'm pulling the trigger and buying the SL.

Idk if Nissan has decided the prices yet or if they are just waiting to release them. If they are just waiting I'll try to get some prices to y'all in the upcoming week. If not, we we are SOL until they decide.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
While insider information is appreciated, it is not uncommon for businesses to search out and eliminate leaks.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While insider information is appreciated, it is not uncommon for businesses to search out and eliminate leaks.
This is nissan, not the bourne identity. I understand they don't want leaks but right now their search is narrowed down to anyone higher up who has children...

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Nissan has a significant amount of money invested in the Titan XD. Any leaked info gives their competition an advantage. Everything so far indicates Nissan is keeping everything tightly wrapped until release, so that the competition has to respond instead of being prepared.

So you are actively supporting and encouraging corporate espionage.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nissan has a significant amount of money invested in the Titan XD. Any leaked info gives their competition an advantage. Everything so far indicates Nissan is keeping everything tightly wrapped until release, so that the competition has to respond instead of being prepared.

So you are actively supporting and encouraging corporate espionage.
Or I could be a troll and none of what I said is true. People have been speculating for months and since I say I know a guy it gives it validity? I highly doubt someone from another company will take what someone swears by on a message board as truth. Also, if these billion dollar companies havent figured out close mpg estimates by now based on engine size, torque curve stats, and weight then they need to hire a new team of engineers...

Or better yet, if they did some math based off of what Nissan said at the release that "the truck will get 20% better fuel economy than comparable gas v8's in the market" then they could realize that 20% better than the market average of 19mpg is..... 22.8 mpg.

So yes, there is nothing but espionage going on here.

·
23 Posts
I love any info we can get, but that seems high if that's an EPA mpg rating, but I think the "real world" numbers could be that. From my experience with multiple gas and diesel vehicles, gas don't normally achieve the EPA rated mpg, but diesel almost always exceed the mpg ratings by a bit and even more than bit sometimes.

Here's hoping to this info being accurate; as that works for me!!!

Rick

·
72 Posts
I don't doubt it. In the truckumentary when they were talking about testing cold starts and how quick the cabin warms up they panned across the dash really quickly. I got it paused just right and it showed 19.7 average mpg. If that is average with cold start testing and city running then highway should be around 24.
Found where you were talking about ?

Attachments

·
313 Posts
I love any info we can get, but that seems high if that's an EPA mpg rating, but I think the "real world" numbers could be that. From my experience with multiple gas and diesel vehicles, gas don't normally achieve the EPA rated mpg, but diesel almost always exceed the mpg ratings by a bit and even more than bit sometimes.
Yes, my 2005 Passat TDI consistently got 10% better than the EPA Hwy. But the gas EPAs have been pretty close for my driving style (F150 EcoB, Cruze Eco).

But in one of the videos they say the Titan XD's GVWR will be 8500# or over. Think that means they won't be required to post an EPA number. But maybe they will anyway since they're trying to compete in the heavy-half-ton market.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts