Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been towing with my S Titan XD and I these crappy small mirrors that make it hard to see while towing.
Has anyone switched mirrors to the towing OEM mirrors on the SV and above?
Is there a do it yourself out there. I have seen videos of similar cars being done so it can't be much more complicated than that.
Does anyone know if the cameras will work on with the S model from the SV mirrors? (This is important because if so then that can give the bird Eye view option which is pretty sweet).

Let me know what you guys have found

·
367 Posts
No, cameras will not work, much more than just the cameras-computer items.
Not too bad of switch for the mirrors. Take the door panel off, unplug, undo bolts on mirrors behind triangle cover on door. I can do one side in about 30 minutes. When you get them in hand and ready to start on this-post up a request for directions or pm me and I can give you an abbreviated point by point on doing everything. But honestly if you have mechanical knowledge it's fairly easy on a 1-10 scale a 2.

·
6 Posts
No, cameras will not work, much more than just the cameras-computer items.
Not too bad of switch for the mirrors. Take the door panel off, unplug, undo bolts on mirrors behind triangle cover on door. I can do one side in about 30 minutes. When you get them in hand and ready to start on this-post up a request for directions or pm me and I can give you an abbreviated point by point on doing everything. But honestly if you have mechanical knowledge it's fairly easy on a 1-10 scale a 2.
I'm actually interested in replacing my small mirrors. I had an 08 which had tow mirrors, and I traded it in for an '18 XD S, and it did not come with them, which I knew. However, I plan to purchase OEM tow mirrors and install it myself.

Would you be able to shoot over a PM to me @msailors . I plan to replace my mirrors within a few weeks if this is at all possible. If you can't, I totally understand!

·
3 Posts
I have been towing with my S Titan XD and I these crappy small mirrors that make it hard to see while towing.
Has anyone switched mirrors to the towing OEM mirrors on the SV and above?
Is there a do it yourself out there. I have seen videos of similar cars being done so it can't be much more complicated than that.
Does anyone know if the cameras will work on with the S model from the SV mirrors? (This is important because if so then that can give the bird Eye view option which is pretty sweet).

Let me know what you guys have found
I just added power mirrors to my 2016 nissan titan xd s and had to upgrade the factory wiring harnesses in the front doors as the s model harnesses do not come with mirror connections. SV harnesses at a minimum is what you will need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts