Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
114 Posts
Hey everyone first post as a Titan XD owner. Just wanted to add I just worked out buying the kit and having it installed for a one stop shop price of $328.
I'll be doing that later this year. :welcome: Go to the New Member Introductions forum and let us know about your truck. Post some pictures.

·
30 Posts
I'll be doing that later this year. :welcome: Go to the New Member Introductions forum and let us know about your truck. Post some pictures.
Lol, you guys want pictures of my gas S model with steel wheels? Just kidding I will do it. It is a 4x4 crew cab at least so I have that going for me.

Yeah when you call I recommend negotiating they wanted 278 for the kit and 150 for the install and I negotiated separately with parts and service got them each to knock off 50 bucks.

·
76 Posts
So, I ordered and received the remote start kit. However, it looks like the plug is different between what’s on the kit and what’s on the cover. Am I missing something?

One on bottom is from truck and one on top is from latch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
836 Posts
So, I ordered and received the remote start kit. However, it looks like the plug is different between what’s on the kit and what’s on the cover. Am I missing something?

One on bottom is from truck and one on top is from latch.

The harness on the truck has a dummy plug on it to keep dirt and water out of the harness. Remove it and the latch should plug into it.

·
76 Posts
The harness on the truck has a dummy plug on it to keep dirt and water out of the harness. Remove it and the latch should plug into it.

Yep! That was it - slid right off. Had to go back to the directions, but thanks for answering the question.

·
64 Posts
Well, if that don't beat all. Thanks for the info on the metal key in fob. Ha, always a learning experience. Interesting about how truck is already programmed for remote start.

·
2 Posts
I checked the main Nissan online parts page for multiple dealerships and noticed the same kit was a different price at each one. The prices ranged from 300$-150$. So I ordered the kit online, drove 1 town over the next day to pick up the kit. I installed the kit and then brought the fobs to my local dealer, who programmed them for 30$.

·
76 Posts
Getting my fobs programmed tomorrow afternoon. Dealt wanted $100. So, all in, I’m $306.25 total with doing the install of the kit myself. Kit was $206.25. Basically, as others have mentioned, it’s swapping out the hood latch for one with a plug and programming the key fobs. I think that is still less expensive than having the dealer do the whole job.

I ordered the kit from a dealer in Arizona that posted to the Facebook group that he’d offer a discounted rate to members of the Facebook page for parts. I also picked up the fog light kit at the same time for a price of $187.50 which was cheaper than other online sources.

·
2 Posts
I just bought my truck over the weekend, its a Titan XD 4x4 S model, its a work truck so came with nothing on it, ill be honest only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was remote start and fog lights... after reading about fog lights I'm set, just ordered the set off amazon for $230... now onto the remote start, maybe I'm just slow (probably the case) but all I need is to order the new Key FOBs and have them reprogrammed at the dealer? Thanks Yall.

·
Banned
356 Posts
I just bought my truck over the weekend, its a Titan XD 4x4 S model, its a work truck so came with nothing on it, ill be honest only thing I miss from my previous vehicle was remote start and fog lights... after reading about fog lights I'm set, just ordered the set off amazon for $230... now onto the remote start, maybe I'm just slow (probably the case) but all I need is to order the new Key FOBs and have them reprogrammed at the dealer? Thanks Yall.
No, you also need a hood latch (I believe) and have the keys programmed. There is another way to do it. 12voltsolutions (you can google them) has a plug and play remote start kit for our trucks as well.

·
76 Posts
yup.. you can buy the factory kit, P/N 999K1-W7010, from a few of the Nissan parts houses.... comes with 2 new 4 button key fobs, a new hood latch with the safety harness plug and 3 bolts to install the hood latch.....the programming is already there but the dealer has to 'unlock' it and program your new fobs for it.... pretty painless.... the hardest part for me was getting the hood release cable out of the old hood latch to install in the new latch... lol... just make sure to remove the plug cover on the plug on your truck .. it's tucked down in the grill area, you'll see it... a few people had issues with that plug cover being a pain in the azz to come off the plug.... pretty straight forward install .. plug it in, then bolt the latch in and head on down to the dealer for programming...

·
76 Posts
That was the one I used because it replaced the W4010 one... it did take about 1.5 weeks to get it though... might head down to the stealership and see if they would price match it.. they might... but i think you said you were a ways from the dealer so one of the parts houses or Tasca may be the better choice... or you could do the 12 Volt solution Roughneck posted... He does good work too...

·
1 Posts
Will the remote start work without the hood latch? Can I just purchase the key fobs and have them programmed? Thanks

41 - 56 of 56 Posts