Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm trying to figure things out on deleting the truck. Now I know that if I do delete and the crank let's go, the warranty wont help me for shit. But I have full coverage insurance, would I be able to make a claim and pay my $500 deductible and they fix it? Also if that's true, who would I bring it to? Would I just let a diesel shop fix it or would nissan?

·
24 Posts
It’s not as simple as it seems, if you have mechanical insurance then, yes it’ll cover it. If you don’t then, no you’re SOL. As far as where to take it. Most insurance companies have “preferred” mechanics, but you can go anywhere.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not as simple as it seems, if you have mechanical insurance then, yes it’ll cover it. If you don’t then, no you’re SOL. As far as where to take it. Most insurance companies have “preferred” mechanics, but you can go anywhere.
I'm pretty sure I have mech insurance. But I'll check

·
129 Posts
I know that full coverage insurance covers accidents and collision. I never heard of one that covers engine failure. That's what warranty and supplemental warranty is for.

·
620 Posts
I can’t imagine dealing with the stock version of our trucks still.
Proof is in the pudding- I’ve done 4 Blackstone analysis of my oil and the report is better each time after getting all that emissions junk out of its system, so to speak.

If you wait 100k before delete, the damage has been done at that point IMO.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
195 Posts
I’ve never heard of auto insurance covering engine repairs, but there was a guy on here talking about something he got for it to replace warranty. I thought you saw that thread by maybe not. And I don’t remember what/who it was at all to search it.

But also consider that if delete actually makes it run better and causes less problems, then it’s like being “self insured.” Might actually pay less in long run.

Same discussion.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve never heard of auto insurance covering engine repairs, but there was a guy on here talking about something he got for it to replace warranty. I thought you saw that thread by maybe not. And I don’t remember what/who it was at all to search it.

But also consider that if delete actually makes it run better and causes less problems, then it’s like being “self insured.” Might actually pay less in long run.

Same discussion.
Yessir I seen it I was just trying to make sure the insurance I already pay for wouldnt cover it is all lol.

·
617 Posts
Speaking of the similar issue when my crank let go 20K miles ago, I called the insurance and it would fall under Comprehensive coverage only if: your truck hit a tree, a rock, or a fire has damaged the engine. If the engine looks (cosmetically) undamaged, which it will look like one if the crank broke, then Comprehensive will not kick in. By that time, either put it back to factory, bring it to dealer (if yours is still under 100K/5yrs) and bargain with them that the engine was in a bad batch of production. Or as some tree cutter to drop a big a$$ tree on your hood, then call the insurance company.

FYI, I put back to factory and magic happened, almost $20K worth.

·
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Speaking of the similar issue when my crank let go 20K miles ago, I called the insurance and it would fall under Comprehensive coverage only if: your truck hit a tree, a rock, or a fire has damaged the engine. If the engine looks (cosmetically) undamaged, which it will look like one if the crank broke, then Comprehensive will not kick in. By that time, either put it back to factory, bring it to dealer (if yours is still under 100K/5yrs) and bargain with them that the engine was in a bad batch of production. Or as some tree cutter to drop a big a$$ tree on your hood, then call the insurance company.

FYI, I put back to factory and magic happened, almost $20K worth.
Or as soon as crank breaks, go run it into a lake lol

·
36 Posts
So I have a friend who has a Duramax and was having issues. Brought it to the dealer and they said he had to replace an injector but they would not warranty it because the damage was due to bad fuel and it was going to be a $5K job! they recommended he call his insurance and he did. He has progressive and under their comprehensive it reads,"coverage that helps pay to replace or repair your vehicle if it's stolen or damaged in an incident that's not a collision". And they covered his!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts