Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want a rap of being a pain in the ass but I want to bring this to others attention and get advice on follow up: I ordered my new Titan HD a few months ago and received it yesterday. All was as ordered but I did not have a goose neck hitch (ball). The salesman said it does not come with one and that is a separate order. I pointed out the statement on the order summery stating it comes with an "Integrated Gooseneck Hitch". Needless to say this wasn't going to stop me from leaving the lot with my new truck but I told the salesman and lady who closed the deal "this isn't over..." and the language on the Nissan order sheet is misleading.

The Nissan order summary clearly states "class IV receiver": I didn't expect a hitch/ball for pulling a trailer; the "integrated gooseneck hitch" should maybe add "receiver" so you wouldn't expect the hitch/ball.

My thoughts are that if I said to someone I have an "integrated gooseneck hitch should I need anything else to hook up to a trailer they would resoundingly say nope.

My question: do you think I am making a stink over a misinterpretation on my end? Or should I keep pressing on and expect to receive my goose neck hitch.

Attachments

·
1,979 Posts
It doesn't say it comes with the ball. I say you get 1 and only 1 shot on this earth & there is better things you could do with your time than worry about this. Go onto Etrailer and order a ball & move on.
:)

·
1,310 Posts
Receiver is just that...a RECEIVER. Every vehicle I have ever purchased has had a receiver hitch, yet I never got a bar and ball to go with it. I really would worry about it too much. A good salesman will take care of you if he can...but in the end if you have to go but a ball it isn't the end of the world.

·
2 Posts
I don't want a rap of being a pain in the ass but I want to bring this to others attention and get advice on follow up: I ordered my new Titan HD a few months ago and received it yesterday. All was as ordered but I did not have a goose neck hitch (ball). The salesman said it does not come with one and that is a separate order. I pointed out the statement on the order summery stating it comes with an "Integrated Gooseneck Hitch". Needless to say this wasn't going to stop me from leaving the lot with my new truck but I told the salesman and lady who closed the deal "this isn't over..." and the language on the Nissan order sheet is misleading.

The Nissan order summary clearly states "class IV receiver": I didn't expect a hitch/ball for pulling a trailer; the "integrated gooseneck hitch" should maybe add "receiver" so you wouldn't expect the hitch/ball.

My thoughts are that if I said to someone I have an "integrated gooseneck hitch should I need anything else to hook up to a trailer they would resoundingly say nope.

My question: do you think I am making a stink over a misinterpretation on my end? Or should I keep pressing on and expect to receive my goose neck hitch.
KevinD, I had to go back to the dealer to get the ball and chain hooks for my Pro4X that are for use with for the integrated gooseneck hitch.....the one in the bed.

The dealer stated it was an oversight and they should have been included. The ball and chain hooks came in a nice bag that fits in the rear under seat storage.

I can not tell from your post if you are confusing the goosneck hitch with the bumper pull receiver.

·
909 Posts

Many of the trucks have come through missing the ball and chain hooks, mudflaps, Titan boxes.....etc. Follow up with your dealer and if you are not satisfied you can call the Nissan customer service number and see if they can help sort it out.

·
169 Posts
Your misinterpretation is not a misrepresentation by Nissan.

It says, VERY clearly as you noted, "integrated gooseneck hitch" and says nothing about the ball. The ball is not the hitch....the ball is the ball. You have the hitch. Which is what you should have, and Nissan gave you. So what's the complaint? It's not Nissans fault you don't know the difference between a hitch and a ball.

So, whip out your wallet and buy the ball just like everybody else does and take this as a lesson learned; don't assume anything.

·
909 Posts
Your misinterpretation is not a misrepresentation by Nissan.

It says, VERY clearly as you noted, "integrated gooseneck hitch" and says nothing about the ball. The ball is not the hitch....the ball is the ball. You have the hitch. Which is what you should have, and Nissan gave you. So what's the complaint? It's not Nissans fault you don't know the difference between a hitch and a ball.

So, whip out your wallet and buy the ball just like everybody else does and take this as a lesson learned; don't assume anything.

The problem is not everyone else is paying for the balls. Some of the trucks have been coming with them and some have not been. And that includes trucks that are the exact same models. Can't seem to get an answer from Nissan either about whether or not they should be coming with them.

It wasn't until March 18th that we received a memo that some trucks had been shipped without the standard equipment mudflaps. So he may be entitled to the ball and hooks.

I do agree that it does not say that the ball is included and you can't assume it is, but after reading all the information I could find nowhere did it say mudflaps are standard equipment.

·
904 Posts
I called nissan cutomer support about those mudflaps last week and they didn't know anything about any mudflaps. I wish they had more specifics about what serial numbers were supposed to and what were not. It is just not clear...

·
909 Posts
I called nissan cutomer support about those mudflaps last week and they didn't know anything about any mudflaps. I wish they had more specifics about what serial numbers were supposed to and what were not. It is just not clear...

It has been very frustrating getting information even for dealers. The communication doesn't listed affected vehicles. The serial number of the truck has to be run through the system to see if it applies.

The communication probably only applies to Canadian dealers at this time as the number of affected vehicles is only 70.

I can't wait until the half ton is released in the fall to see if these problems have been corrected or not. Hopefully they are, because it doesn't inspire much confidence in a manufacturer when no one seems to know what is going on.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
If you go under exterior specs on nissan website. There is only one trim level that comes with goose neck ball and hooks. The platinum reserve. The only other one that I thought might is the fully loaded pro4x. But not the case. The website clearly shows it.

My understanding is everyone should come with flaps though. It's not worded as standard equipment but neither is the front left fender.

·
909 Posts
If you go under exterior specs on nissan website. There is only one trim level that comes with goose neck ball and hooks. The platinum reserve. The only other one that I thought might is the fully loaded pro4x. But not the case. The website clearly shows it.

My understanding is everyone should come with flaps though. It's not worded as standard equipment but neither is the front left fender.

I agree that the website does show only the PR comes with the ball and hooks. But we have had some PRO4X's come with them.

The problem is that there is too much incorrect information coming from Nissan themselves. And when we try to get clarification we can't get a straight answer.

·
99 Posts

My research found the same.

I will agree that the lack of consistency is annoying though.

·
99 Posts
It has been very frustrating getting information even for dealers. The communication doesn't listed affected vehicles. The serial number of the truck has to be run through the system to see if it applies.

The communication probably only applies to Canadian dealers at this time as the number of affected vehicles is only 70.

I can't wait until the half ton is released in the fall to see if these problems have been corrected or not. Hopefully they are, because it doesn't inspire much confidence in a manufacturer when no one seems to know what is going on.
Completely agree. Nissan should take some notes from the German manufacturers. BMW does new releases like a well oiled machine.

·
169 Posts
The problem is not everyone else is paying for the balls. Some of the trucks have been coming with them and some have not been. And that includes trucks that are the exact same models. Can't seem to get an answer from Nissan either about whether or not they should be coming with them.

It wasn't until March 18th that we received a memo that some trucks had been shipped without the standard equipment mudflaps. So he may be entitled to the ball and hooks.

I do agree that it does not say that the ball is included and you can't assume it is, but after reading all the information I could find nowhere did it say mudflaps are standard equipment.
You work at a dealer, correct?

Might there be some differences in Canadian options and American options? Over the years there have been slightly different offerings available on different trims between Canuck and American Dodge trucks for instance (I know someone is going to challenge me on this, and I can't think of any specifics so lay off haha)

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
You are correct Mopar especially with the xd.
We have block heaters standard for one. We have 4WD standard for two. SV trim we only have one upgrade option which is the combination of the two options U.S. buyers have for sv trim. It's called an sv premium. Same goes for the pro4x upgrade.
And the one thing I'm disappointed is we don't have the Java color option in Canada.
And of course there is the added bonus ours cost roughly $12000 more lol.

·
909 Posts
You work at a dealer, correct?

Might there be some differences in Canadian options and American options? Over the years there have been slightly different offerings available on different trims between Canuck and American Dodge trucks for instance (I know someone is going to challenge me on this, and I can't think of any specifics so lay off haha)

Yes Mopar I work at a dealer. As atc mentioned the trucks come differently equipped. Due to the fact we live in igloos and have snow all year long we need block heaters and four wheel drive. We all know that it never gets cold in the northern us except for Alaska, which is why they get block heaters as well.:wink2:

·
772 Posts
lol first time nissan truck buyers, first thing you should realize, dealers don't know sh1t about the trucks nissan sells. Its been like this since 2004.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts