Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read if this is standard or an option? I personally don't need this as I have a 10k bumper pull trailer and I frequently put dirt, stone and other materials in the bed of my current truck and I'm concerned how it will be to slide these materials out with a shovel even with caps over the ball and chain tie openings.

·
94 Posts
Has anyone read if this is standard or an option? I personally don't need this as I have a 10k bumper pull trailer and I frequently put dirt, stone and other materials in the bed of my current truck and I'm concerned how it will be to slide these materials out with a shovel even with caps over the ball and chain tie openings.
If all the videos are a clue, it will be standard. How the holes will be covered might make the final scrape take an extra few seconds. I'm in a similar boat as you in terms of towing; a pair of trailers, neither gooseneck and I'm not going to be getting a gooseneck. Considering that in reality it will be a fraction of their customers that actually use it, I think they should make it an option.

·
29 Posts
Just re-watched Rick Millers storage box video and the covers over the hitch and chain hook-up openings do not appear to be very flush with the bed. Although for me, having this system on the truck if needed will be worth the small effort required to work around them unloading dirt/gravel/etc. 96% of my towing is done from the bumper but thought I might invest in a Gooseneck flat bed to haul heavier items-Tractor/disc/etc. My big decision now is deciding between a shell topper or a Roll N Lock Retractable cover. Have to wait to see if Roll N Lock will be able to mount their product with tool boxes installed, and topper would have to be removed each time I wanted to utilize gooseneck.

·
36 Posts
The early pictures were showing it to be and integrated B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch, but these later pictures look to be a reese which is what Ford uses. I was really hoping for the B&W, much nicer. Your not using the ball so you turn it over, with the reese you have to take it out and store it somewhere. And the safety chain hooks are3 much to small for the hooks on most gooseneck trailers. Having had both, I would way rather have the B&W. I would imagine the gooseneck would be an option. On the Super Dutys it is and option, not standard.

·
658 Posts
Yes, added to the new Titan XD...I think it will be standard on all XD's, although it could be optional on lower XD trims I suppose.
I think I have read that it will be standard on certain XD trim pkgs and up but I don't know which pkg and I don't recall where I read it.

·
49 Posts
I sure hope this doesn't interfere with installing a 5th wheel hitch, I would think they're more owners looking to install 5th wheel hitches over stinking Goose Hitch!

·
2 Posts
It should be the B&W - not for the turnover, but for the ability to pop on the Companion 5th wheel hitch.

http://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-and-Fifth-Wheel-Adapters/B-and-W/BWRVK3500.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKEAjw4s2wBRDSnr2jwZenlkgSJABvFcwQKE5vZZUFfGPMIqxdNRzk85ATpB1eEiH9okVXvVf2ARoCXPfw_wcB

That'll be stupid of Nissan to switch from the B&W - one of the big reasons to want the integrated gooseneck on a sub-HD truck. I think the integrated gooseneck will be less useful for this non-HD truck - but who knows, ranchers might like this XD for their horses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts