Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Information is starting to come out little by little. Nissan now has an interior look around and features on the website for the titan. Looks pretty good, but still would like to know the specs. Here's to hoping this is just the start of a lot more info sooner than later.

·
313 Posts
Not on the Canadian site yet, just the U.S.

Standard supplemental heater with the diesel is nice.

Looks like the rear seat bench can be lifted leaving a completely clear floor, or you can put in a plastic cubby with lots of storage space. Or you can lower the rear seat back.

They didn't show how the 7" screen works. Looks like knobs and buttons are still the mainstay, rather than a larger touch sensitive screen, which I don't mind at all.

Overall a nice interior. But I wonder what the affordable, lower trim models will be like? Or if they'll even be available with the diesel?

·
608 Posts

Looks pretty standard as far as truck interiors go, though it is a very nice example of that. I like how there is some wood trim on the right hand size.

I also am happy about knobs and dials. I find the touch screen not as easy to use on the fly while driving.

·
340 Posts
Not on the Canadian site yet, just the U.S.

Standard supplemental heater with the diesel is nice.

Looks like the rear seat bench can be lifted leaving a completely clear floor, or you can put in a plastic cubby with lots of storage space. Or you can lower the rear seat back.

They didn't show how the 7" screen works. Looks like knobs and buttons are still the mainstay, rather than a larger touch sensitive screen, which I don't mind at all.

Overall a nice interior. But I wonder what the affordable, lower trim models will be like? Or if they'll even be available with the diesel?
Yea I've been wondering about this as well. When the ED RAM debuted it was only available on the top trims in order to maximise profit from the limited supply they had at launch. Now that may not be indicative of what Nissan is doing as at the time the ED launched, FCA was using the same Motori 6 in the Ghibli and the GC Diesel, Motori is a small company and their supply was literally stretched to the limit. I believe they've rectified the capacity problems now, but I digress...

If Nissan has enough engine supply then I don't see why they'll limit anything...

·
608 Posts
I know this might be knit-picking but I would prefer the cup holders to be in front of the arm rest instead of back where your elbow sits. Just seems like a more intuitive place to have them.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From that picture you can't tell, but if you go to the 360* look around on the Nissan website then you can see that there are two cupholders in from of the armrest too. Those two on the back part of the armrest are for the people in the backseat. The center console reminds me a lot of the one in my Super Duty.

·
608 Posts
Exactly.
Why reinvent the wheel and start from scratch when you can look at what's already selling and doing well ;)
I agree with that. It is a safer option though. They don't need to do something radical, but it would be interesting to see a bit more variety in truck interiors. I find a bit more differences between car interiors, and I think it would be nice to see that variety in truck interiors.

But I can see why they don't take too many creative risks. They know what works so why try anything new.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I really hope that the Titan will have carwings. I really like the carwings telematics in the Leaf. It's nice to be able to just log into a website and have detailed information about the economy, driving usage, energy consumption, etc. Being able to remotely start the climate control is fantastic too.

·
608 Posts
It's a great idea. A lot of cars don't keep track of quite as many things as maybe they could. It's just interesting to keep track of all those stats -- fuel economy, usage blah blah blah. Is it compatible with all Nissans?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Like big brother will be in the future :D
I think if the feature was forced on me and there was no way to opt out I would have dramatically different feelings about it.

However, I had to turn it on, both by signing up for the service and by allowing the navigation system to upload its data. So to the best of my knowledge, the default setting is off.

Some digging indicates Nissan was pretty smart, if I understand things right, Nissan sells carbon credits from all the mileage put on leafs that participate in CarWings Telematics and in turn that goes towards improving their charging infrastructure and incentives on the car.

·
857 Posts
I do wonder what Nissan will use the info gathered for. Hopefully nothing that we wouldn't be happy about, but I'm sure there are some questionable uses for such data.
For marketing purposes probably, that's why most of these companies want that information since they can better market to you when they really know who you are.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts