Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, Firefighter up in Alaska looking for a Titan in diesel soon... Been reading up on all the bells and whistles... Hoping to pick one up soon... Anyone have more then just the block heater installed? I'm gonna need tranny, oil pan, and DEF tank heaters as well.... What's the thoughts on a diesel "Titan Warrior" coming out? I'd like to wait and see if that's going to be a real option I guess we can say? Get most the mods done before delivery? Love the info posted here... thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Hey all, Firefighter up in Alaska looking for a Titan in diesel soon... Been reading up on all the bells and whistles... Hoping to pick one up soon... Anyone have more then just the block heater installed? I'm gonna need tranny, oil pan, and DEF tank heaters as well.... What's the thoughts on a diesel "Titan Warrior" coming out? I'd like to wait and see if that's going to be a real option I guess we can say? Get most the mods done before delivery? Love the info posted here... thanks !
One of the added bonus of the titan testing was it was done in one of coldest winters on record 2 years ago. The same winter that was taking out ecodiesels in their first winter in publics hands.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the added bonus of the titan testing was it was done in one of coldest winters on record 2 years ago. The same winter that was taking out ecodiesels in their first winter in publics hands.
Where was that? Because it wasn't up here lol... We see all kinds of test mules... It's been warm up here... Thanks !

·
1,979 Posts
The DEF has its own heater as the block has a plug-in heater. Tranny will be fine since the oil is synthetic. This motor is rated to start at -25° without any assistance. Don't hold your breath on them bringing out the "Warrior".

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The DEF has its own heater as the block has a plug-in heater. Tranny will be fine since the oil is synthetic. This motor is rated to start at -25° without any assistance. Don't hold your breath on them bringing out the "Warrior".
Thanks... didn't think so...
Will still add heaters...
Gets cold where I am.
-60's aren't uncommon.
Lots of idle time for me if no plug in.

·
165 Posts
-60s sounds intense... I definitely wouldn't be able to survive up there ahah, But I can see your needs for all of those heaters. Thats tough.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I would look at other options personally for where your at, unfortunately with today's diesel technology lots of idle time is not a good thing anymore. Living in Alberta myself I'm familiar with the cold and the idling.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would look at other options personally for where your at, unfortunately with today's diesel technology lots of idle time is not a good thing anymore. Living in Alberta myself I'm familiar with the cold and the idling.
It won't be too much.. Just when I am out shooting northern lights... etc...
I'll also have a viper auto start on it so it'll start on it's own under whatever I set it at.

You are the second I heard say that about the new diesels and idle... why is that?

·
1,979 Posts
It won't be too much.. Just when I am out shooting northern lights... etc...
I'll also have a viper auto start on it so it'll start on it's own under whatever I set it at.

You are the second I heard say that about the new diesels and idle... why is that?
Because of all of the newer emissions equipment doesn't do well with idling for long periods of time. The DPF gets clogged quicker then the truck needs to do more regens, which uses more urea & fuel, ect ect.. Since 2007.5 Diesels have gotten a lot more complex and touchy.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Unfortunately its all the EPA required exhaust after treatment that the manufacturers are required to put on today's diesel engines. That's the reason why I still keep my 5.9 Cummins Dodge it just idles away no problem in the winter!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts