Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from western Washington state. I don't currently own one of these bad ass trucks, but I've been following the press since the Cummins engine was announced. I'm a diesel enthusiast, and a reliability engineer for a semi manufacturer. At work I focus on engine and exhaust system development and testing of our big inline 6 engine and the Cummins Emissions Solutions exhaust system we use to clean up the tailpipe.

I'm keeping an eye on the Titan XD's powertrain because in the next 12-18 months we'll be in the market for a passenger van and I'm hoping they'll offer the Cummins in the NV. I really liked the Titan when it first came out, and Nissan has a great track record of making really nice, reliable vehicles.

·
158 Posts
Same thing here and welcome! I am looking to cross over from my ecodiesel to a titan xd with the cummins as I had an 02 in years past that treated me well. And glad to see another engineer I am a biological engineer but currently work in the civil side of things

·
224 Posts
Welcome to the group. Those of us here that own and operate the XD are pretty pleased with it as a whole. There are some issues that need worked out for sure, but I am satisfied with my purchase.

My wife's boss is in the transportation business and was looking at passenger Sprinters because of the diesel option. If she could get NV's with the Cummins, I'd definitely recommend that to her.

MB

·
1,300 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I guess it's good you work on exhaust systems gotta keep those Pacars inline...

You all should stop and tell the EPA to go fly a kite in a lightning storm just my 0.02

But i do love how engines have advanced over the years and started to push the envelope, but I really dislike the use of an EGR there has got to be a better way...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts