Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone else having trouble streaming music on a consistent basis? The truck starts up and connects to my iPhone instantly but doesn't recognize it as a music player. Most times I have to press the talk button on the steering wheel and use Siri before it'll realize that my iPhone is capable of streaming music. Most times I just get the screen that says my system is compatible.... Blah blah blah

What's the trick?!

·
950 Posts
I am not sure about the XD but some of our cars ask if you want to connect your Bluetooth device as a music player. It might show it in your connected devices. Even if your device is compatible there can be issues depending on the software version that your device is running and the software that the carrier uses.

·
658 Posts
Is anyone else having trouble streaming music on a consistent basis? The truck starts up and connects to my iPhone instantly but doesn't recognize it as a music player. Most times I have to press the talk button on the steering wheel and use Siri before it'll realize that my iPhone is capable of streaming music. Most times I just get the screen that says my system is compatible.... Blah blah blah

What's the trick?!
My wife has a 2015 Subaru Outback that has a new infotainment unit it in with all sorts of capabilities. Unfortunately we have found that it's really a pain to get some functionalities to work well (they don't seems to be very intuitive) and so unless we go on a long trip, we really don't use quite a few of them. I can't speak for Nissans system, but most of what I have read points to not expecting great things because of the amount of variation of phone types, operating systems, apps, hardware, etc...

I know this doesn't help you at all but I do help it limits people's expectations of these systems. Until Apple CarPlay and android auto become standard, we will continue to only be partially satisfied with these systems.

·
167 Posts
I notice the same if I remote start the vehicle from a distance. But if I start it when sitting in it the music connects right away. Using a iPhone 6

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the owners manual it says to connect your iPhone via usb cable to use Nissan connect
Correct, but I don't want to use Nissan connect. I just want to stream music via Bluetooth which is possible as you can see in my photo. The problem is that it's not consistent.

·
950 Posts
You could try deleting your phone and then pair it again. This sometimes helps with Bluetooth issues. It may be another software update issue with the radio as well.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today my entire screen was frozen for about 2 minutes and then rebooted on its own and frozen again. So I shut the truck off and turned it back on and it's been working fine.

http://youtu.be/p7Bk1oopqeA

·
43 Posts
Today my entire screen was frozen for about 2 minutes and then rebooted on its own and frozen again. So I shut the truck off and turned it back on and it's been working fine.

My truck did the same thing this morning. I called the dealer and they said there was an automatic update downloading into the nav system. Perfectly normal. As I recall my Ford did that too once or twice.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That might explain why the Bluetooth has worked flawlessly today. Hmmm

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

That sucks...you have had WAY too many issues with a brand new truck. I hate to hear that.
I agree. I'm sure I sound like a nagging old lady to Nissan but I just want my $60k new truck to operate as intended so I'll continue to report the good and the bad. I've been on vehicle forums for many years and they can be great tools for both the consumer and Nissan. Unfortunately, I've never had this many issues with a new car.

·
950 Posts
I think that you will find that in a little while there will be an update for the software for your audio system. We have them for older models that have had this issue with rebooting. Our bulletins get updated nightly so if I see one I will let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts