Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a dealer today because I finally found a fully loaded solar flare that I have been waiting for. The price out the door is $54700 and they are throwing in premium running boards. I am worried I will have buyers remorse and that in a month they will have better incentives/rebates. Opinions?

·
224 Posts
First off, welcome to the board.

Only you can decide if that is a fair price for you. About the incentives, well, there will undoubtedly be incentives on the XD models at some point; some questions you need to ask yourself now are (1) am I ok being an early adopter of a new chassis/engine/transmission combo knowing there will be growing pains, and (2) if I wait for incentives am I ok with another color/equipment level.

Buyers remorse, well, can't help you with that.

Good Luck!

MB

·
1,265 Posts
It's worth it!

This truck is fabulous.... So far, I have not had any problems with my truck and it has 8,500 miles on it now.
I wish I could have found a yellow one though....my only regret!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Over 10,000 miles on mine. It has exceeded my expectations. Mine was pretty much first in Canada. I got a great deal, that would be hard pressed to beat even if they increase incentives. Zero regrets. Except us Canadians can't get java that I wanted.

·
904 Posts
Almost to my 6 month anniversary (july 18th) with pro4x. I would say my honey moon stage is over. Only really had one major repair and can't be blamed fully on my truck. Fuel mileage isnt quite where I would like it to be. But not too bad. Probably averaging 14.5 to 15.5 mpg ( a lot of short trips and some towing). Still love my truck and no regrets. I am getting a bump or squeak every once in a while but not bad enough for me to take to dealer yet. Good luck with your decision!

·
1,323 Posts
This truck is fabulous.... So far, I have not had any problems with my truck and it has 8,500 miles on it now.
I wish I could have found a yellow one though....my only regret!
There is one at Nissan of Chattanooga East that is being prepped...with the Calmini Lift and XD wheels like the SEMA truck. I was skeptical at first because they went 20's with 35's but it doesn't look too bad. Should be ready in a few days. I'm sure they would trade!

·
7 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to look at a pro 4x with the luxury package toinght got them down to $49,950 plus tax,tags, destination fee, but i'm hoping to get a few more $ shaved off for an end of the month deal. I'll update later when i get home.

·
270 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'm going to look at a pro 4x with the luxury package toinght got them down to $49,950 plus tax,tags, destination fee, but i'm hoping to get a few more $ shaved off for an end of the month deal. I'll update later when i get home.
That's sounds pretty close to VPP pricing for a Pro4x with Utility and Convenience pkgs + Audio. Don't ask me how I might sense that. I think one can always do better than employee pricing under the right circumstances. Always hit 'em hard and try to get the best price you can, but don't lose a good deal over $500! I won't be jealous!

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. The truck's sticker is around $59700 so I think it's a good deal just wanted some feedback. I am going to see if they might go down some more but I doubt it.

·
363 Posts
The next few days is the end of the 2nd quarter, end of the month, and 4th of July weekend (for the states) so there should be some good deals. Maybe not as good as when the 2017's start rolling out.

·
7 Posts
So just to update my original post. I am not the owner of a new titan xd, even though I think I'm getting a good price I still believe there was more room to negotiate a better deal and very rarely do I ever buy a car on my first trip to the dealer. I got them down to 55,000 out the door but i told him 53,000 was my max. If I can get them to agree to meet me in the middle at 54,000 then I'm going to buy it. For now I'll just let them ponder the sale they think they lost.

·
270 Posts
So just to update my original post. I am not the owner of a new titan xd, even though I think I'm getting a good price I still believe there was more room to negotiate a better deal and very rarely do I ever buy a car on my first trip to the dealer. I got them down to 55,000 out the door but i told him 53,000 was my max. If I can get them to agree to meet me in the middle at 54,000 then I'm going to buy it. For now I'll just let them ponder the sale they think they lost.
Somebody could be taking some heat for letting you walk or they are thinking they can do better. They will likely call to try to get you back in, but I doubt they will call you to say they'll take your deal. They might, but I doubt it. Your position is strengthened if after a few visits, its still there. Theirs is strengthened if in a short while, it's gone. Be patient but persistent. It will boil down to the right time for them to move one on the terms you seek. Good luck.

·
12 Posts
Somebody could be taking some heat for letting you walk or they are thinking they can do better. They will likely call to try to get you back in, but I doubt they will call you to say they'll take your deal. They might, but I doubt it. Your position is strengthened if after a few visits, its still there. Theirs is strengthened if in a short while, it's gone. Be patient but persistent. It will boil down to the right time for them to move one on the terms you seek. Good luck.
And this is for a pro4x with all three packages? Best price I've seen out the door is 58400 when calling around for a pro4x xd with all three enhancement packages.That is after CA tax rate of 9% Where are you shopping?

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
And this is for a pro4x with all three packages? Best price I've seen out the door is 58400 when calling around for a pro4x xd with all three enhancement packages.That is after CA tax rate of 9% Where are you shopping?
I was going for the fully loaded Pro-4x with running boards and splash guards and it was $54700 out the door.

·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just wanted to up date my post.....

When I left the dealer the final offer for a fully loaded Pro-4x was $54700 out the door with running boards thrown in. I decided it was still more than I wanted to spend so I walked away. That was over a week ago. The salesman just texted me that Nissan is now offering a $1,000 off all Titan XDs. I guess I will see what they want to offer me now.

·
26 Posts
Stay away and run like the it's a plague unless your ready to be NISSANS Guinea pig for $54,000 at your expense
I know from personal experience

·
31 Posts
So what came of this? I wound up getting my fully loaded p4x for 53500 out the door ( in Florida) with the splash guards and premium pearl paint last month. Just wanted to see what you were able to get them too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts