Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to be the common narrative in the automotive media, I personally think they're wrong.

As I've said in multiple places on this site already, the RAM Ecodiesel was built for fuel economy, RAM ditched the Cummins 5.0 because it was too inefficient, now the media wants us to believe that Nissan is hunting down the Ecodiesel?

Thats asinine, the reason the RAM is so popular is because of its ridiculous fuel economy, the Nissan already is behind.

Which IMO now puts the Titan into competition with say the RAM 2500 and its 6.7 I6 cummins, which produces about the same fuel economy and far out classes the titan in terms of capability...

·
608 Posts
So even when you compare the Titan to the RAM 2500 it matches it with fuel economy but does not even have better capabilities than the Ram 2500? I just wonder what Nissan thinks its going to be presenting to the market if it doesn't have leading mpg nor leading capabilities.

·
55 Posts
So even when you compare the Titan to the RAM 2500 it matches it with fuel economy but does not even have better capabilities than the Ram 2500? I just wonder what Nissan thinks its going to be presenting to the market if it doesn't have leading mpg nor leading capabilities.
No it will definitely lead the H/T market in capability, but whats the value? There is a real chance that Nissan invites competition from above, potentially something they may not be able to compete with. Nissan after all suffers brand rep in the truck market...

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Value is one of the most important things to a Diesel guy, I think Nissan might be a bit disappointed when people start doing the math on payback. Unfortunately for Nissan they just don't have the fan base like a Ford or RAM to support the decision unconditionally...

·
857 Posts
Value is one of the most important things to a Diesel guy, I think Nissan might be a bit disappointed when people start doing the math on payback. Unfortunately for Nissan they just don't have the fan base like a Ford or RAM to support the decision unconditionally...
That is true, American trucks are some of the best out there, also still something i'm considering along with the new Titan Diesel. With this move to make diesel an option, it will be interesting to see how many first time Nissan Truck buyers they get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts