Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And how much does it actually effect mileage? I don't think I'm crazy but I've seen my mileage drop during the winter months, and I've also heard that deleted trucks tend to have darker emissions during the winter months on normally clean tunes. Is this true or am I just crazy.

·
22 Posts
Yes there is such a thing. #1 diesel is best in cold temps where gelling is a issue. #2 is used in the summertime. Many times there is a winter blend of the two for places that don't see extreme cold temps. Fuel economy is worse on #1. I don't know why exactly. May be due to ingredients it just has less energy potential.

·
166 Posts
yes for sure in areas like where i live the diesel is winterized from about nov to april. its definitely less mpg. i see about 1-2 mpg difference summer to winter

·
238 Posts
Even Costco moves from #2 to #1 in N. Arizona for the winter!

·
5 Posts
The difference is winter diesel is typically diluted with jet or kerosene to help the gel point or the point where it will start to gel. Because of this the BTU of the fuel is lowered when under compression ignition producing less power. Since the BTU is lower it less energy as stated above and the mpg becomes less.
Dan

·
7 Posts
The difference is winter diesel is typically diluted with jet or kerosene to help the gel point or the point where it will start to gel. Because of this the BTU of the fuel is lowered when under compression ignition producing less power. Since the BTU is lower it less energy as stated above and the mpg becomes less.
Dan
Right on the money there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts