Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it might sound silly, but while at dealership for service, i saw a brand new 2021 XD pro4x. Wow!

msrp of $62.5, incl the premium and convenience packages. They said it is mine for $54,400 before tax (taxes vary by state and that’s why i mention pre tax). Should i pull the trigger?

thanks!

i really like my cummins but just realized it doesnt fit my driving habits/needs (within city driving mostly and occasionally taking a trip with my travel trailer). I have to keep a second car for everyday driving.

·
20 Posts
I know it might sound silly, but while at dealership for service, i saw a brand new 2021 XD pro4x. Wow!

msrp of $62.5, incl the premium and convenience packages. They said it is mine for $54,400 before tax (taxes vary by state and that’s why i mention pre tax). Should i pull the trigger?

thanks!

i really like my cummins but just realized it doesnt fit my driving habits/needs (within city driving mostly and occasionally taking a trip with my travel trailer). I have to keep a second car for everyday driving.
My 17 has been in shop 3 times in 6 weeks last visit is costing me $749 cause they said it was my fault the lift pump failed even though it’s under warranty. Starting to look at gassers too. You need to get good trade price cause used rigs are fetching high dollars. I was looking online for Cummins parts and they are drying up!!

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
397 Posts
Not a bad deal at all.

Reactions: HWTechGuy

·
Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
397 Posts
Thanks!
I just hear all the stories of $10-14k discounts... wonder if I should wait till the year end.
Well I bought my 2018 PR in October of 2018 and got it for $12k off.
But I got a color I'm not really fond of. So there is that...

·
11 Posts
I got my Blue Pearl 2020 SV with convenience and utility packages in November for $48,300 before taxes. MSRP was $55k and I went upside down $1k on my old vehicle. Just as a reference.

Edit: They did give me about $3-4k above KBB price and $3k above any other dealership on my trade-in. More than what I was asking for on Facebook Marketplace.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my Blue Pearl 2020 SV with convenience and utility packages in November for $48,300 before taxes. MSRP was $55k and I went upside down $1k on my old vehicle. Just as a reference.

Edit: They did give me about $3-4k above KBB price and $3k above any other dealership on my trade-in. More than what I was asking for on Facebook Marketplace.
Ok. Thanks. So essentially about $10k discount. Good to know.

Anyone else recently purchased an XD? Please share. Thanks!

·
11 Posts
Ok. Thanks. So essentially about $10k discount. Good to know.

Anyone else recently purchased an XD? Please share. Thanks!
No problem. A couple other things I guess I should point out. I did give them my maximum price I would pay and they initially said no. I held firm and after waiting a week or two, they called me back on the last day of the month and said they would do it. I also got 0% financing along with it.

·
3 Posts

thanks!

I purchased mine new in March 2019. It's a 2018 SV gasser 4x4 and they were knocking $12K off the MSRP. March is Nissan's year end so they make the best deals around that time of year. I had looked at several used 1-2 years old with 15-30K miles on them and the deal I got was only about $3K over the used ones so I went for it. Good luck with your decision.

·
1 Posts
bought mine for $38k w 15k miles on it...5.0
I just bought a new 2021 Titan XD (Platinum Reserve trim level) from Newton Nissan in Gallatin, TN. I dealt with them remotely and they did everything that they said they would when I showed up at the dealership this past Friday to buy the truck.

The deal was as follows:
New 2021 Titan XD Platinum Reserve
MSRP - $68,505
Purchase Price - $55,005
Doc Fee $689
+ required taxes

This $13K discount did include a $4,000 rebate from Nissan. It was really a deal that was too good to turn down (for me).

It was really smooth...I was in an out within 90 minutes. If you are interested...give Matt Jenkins a call at Newton Nissan in Gallatin, TN (I am not getting any kind of referral fee)...just wanted to pass along a great buying experience. As a bonus, the finance manager didn't even try to sell me any kind of extended warranty as the truck already comes with a 5yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty.

Hope this helps you guys.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow. Awesome deal. I offered a local about $55.7k (before everything but taxes on plat reserve (~68k msrp) but they didnt take it. Come to think - i offered to them the same price as you paid.
TN is a bit far for me unfortunately- i would have taken your deal. Congrats on your new truck!!!!

·
36 Posts
I just started an email convo with my dealer about a 2021. I've only had my 2017 for 5 months, but I should be able to break even trading it in and hopefully get into something new for not too much more $. It's crazy how the market is right now!

·
8 Posts
Just saw this post come across my email & thought I would share my comments. We purchased a used 2018 Titan XD 4x4 with only 175 miles on it in 2019 from a Chevy dealership in Spokane, WA. The dealership basically knew nothing about the Nissan product which was a huge advantage for us. The truck had every accessory package that Nissan offers in the Java Metallic color with beige interior. We paid $33,000 for it. Today is has just under 10k miles on it. It was a true diamond-in-the-rough.

The mistake we made though was paying for it & then walking away from the dealership without the Title in hand. They said "we'll mail everything to you". It turned out they hadn't yet received the title paperwork from the WA state DMV & that complicated the registration process for us back in our home state. This is the caveat I would tell anyone purchasing a used vehicle from an out of state dealership.

I always believe there are great deals you can find, but you have to look long & hard to find them. I searched for months until this one just magically popped up one day & I was looking all over the country for the right one. With that said, WOW I can't believe $55k for a new one & that's with $13k off. Unreal. We love our truck. Super comfortable but man that gas mileage is abysmal towing a trailer (9-10 mpg.).

·
62 Posts
I bought a 2021 pro4x for $51,000 and 0% interest through Nissan.

It’s the one without leather, which I did not want anyways.

man that 9 speed was a huge improvement over the 7 speed. Crazy how much better it tows and power feels great!

mpg is about 15 mixed driving and 17-19 with no wind on interstate and 8-9 mpg towing 8,000 lbs 5th wheel.

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congratulations! Sounds like you got a great deal. And thanks for the first impressions and detailed mpg info.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts