Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 XD 5.6 gasser. We were returning home from a trip a couple weeks ago and towing our travel trailer. We stopped to gas up and when we got back on the interstate the motor wouldn't rev over 2,000 RPM. We pulled off and turned the motor off and after a few minutes started back and had no more issues. The next time we filled up when I started the truck the motor sputtered when I started it. Turned the motor off and restarted after a few minutes and no more issues since this incident. I took it in to the dealer 2 days ago just to have it checked out and have a couple of minor issues taken care of and they are still not able to get it to throw a code. They just now told me they are pulling the transmission pan to check for shavings. I questioned this because the issue doesn't seem to be transmission related and they said they have to check it because we were towing a heavy load. It just doesn't seem right to me. Has anyone else experienced something like this and if so what was causing the issue?

·
104 Posts
Did it give a "reduced power" warning? In my experience, anytime the engine gets limited output it is due to emissions junk. Save the planet by decreasing fuel efficiency, makes sense, right?

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
59 Posts
I have a 2018 XD 5.6 gasser. We were returning home from a trip a couple weeks ago and towing our travel trailer. We stopped to gas up and when we got back on the interstate the motor wouldn't rev over 2,000 RPM. We pulled off and turned the motor off and after a few minutes started back and had no more issues. The next time we filled up when I started the truck the motor sputtered when I started it. Turned the motor off and restarted after a few minutes and no more issues since this incident. I took it in to the dealer 2 days ago just to have it checked out and have a couple of minor issues taken care of and they are still not able to get it to throw a code. They just now told me they are pulling the transmission pan to check for shavings. I questioned this because the issue doesn't seem to be transmission related and they said they have to check it because we were towing a heavy load. It just doesn't seem right to me. Has anyone else experienced something like this and if so what was causing the issue?
Any chance you activated the traction control accidently? It would automatically reset when you cycled power. No codes would be set, no check engine light.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT didn't issue any warnings. I don't think i would have hit the traction control but it's possible. It was in tow mode though.

·
1,027 Posts
They are pulling the pan to inspect or metal shavings because they suspect the transmission is the cause of your issue. And it is possible that it could be without throwing a code. They fact that they say they are doing it because you were towing a heavy load raises an eyebrow. At this point you will just have to wait and see what they say after they inspect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts