Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently test drove the 2016 f250 xlt fx4 6.7 before i bought the titan xd. Thought the F250 was bigger. Tonight I stopped off at Walmart and when I came out had a few people parked around the xd. They were questioning if it really had a cummins. They really had no clue about the xd just saw the cummins badge. One of the trucks was a 2012 f250 4x4 the other a ram 2500. Without getting a measuring tape parked side by side the xd looked bigger then the two. Just shows you how big it really is.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks smaller then both in that pic. It almost looks weirdly too small. I have owned all three of those trucks in the past 8 mths. XD is definitely bigger.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually on paper the titan xd appears to pretty much have similar overall dimensions as a 2016 f250 crew cab 4x4 short box. The F250 I was comparing to was a few years older it definitely wasn't as tall as my xd.

·
430 Posts
Ford's spec sheet lists dimensions without options. Lariat and up models with 20" rims are running close to a 35" tire, stock. That's a 2-3" difference over a base model 4x4.

Not sure where you were eye balling the measurements. Some trucks have taller features than others, without actually being "bigger."

I'll take your word for it.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was comparing an xlt f250 ford 4x4 to my SV premium xd. While staring at both I was surprised that the overall size of the xd was right there with the F250 and the xd stood taller. Mind you my xd does have 20's but stock tire isn't very big. The ram 2500 was parked a little further away so not as easy to see a side by side.

·
430 Posts
I was comparing an xlt f250 ford 4x4 to my SV premium xd. While staring at both I was surprised that the overall size of the xd was right there with the F250 and the xd stood taller. Mind you my xd does have 20's but stock tire isn't very big. The ram 2500 was parked a little further away so not as easy to see a side by side.
Hmm. Interesting. That means the Pro4x and the PR are a good bit taller than an F250.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be similar height to mine. As I said mines the premium sv so it has 20" rims and 4x4.

·
430 Posts
I was on the fence, but seeing performance numbers and work capacities, it won't do what I need, on a regular basis. This truck seems like something to just cruise around in. Kinda like a 2wd with a big lift and tires. For the capability this truck has, I can get an 07 F250, bullet proofed, have more performance, and save about 35 grand.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was never meant to be a 3/4 ton. Just half ton designed to handle the upper half ton limits with more confidence and stability. I think they achieved it.
It is a very quiet, comfortable, over built half ton. I have been very happy with the economy as well.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My reason for starting the topic was to state it is a big truck, and it is very comparable in size to the heavy duty offering of other brands.

·
430 Posts
My reason for starting the topic was to state it is a big truck, and it is very comparable in size to the heavy duty offering of other brands.
You're right. It is a big truck. It's a 3/4 classified truck, hence the non fuel mileage disclosure.

·
77 Posts
They are all pretty close even between 1/2 ton and 3/4 tons just differences in ride height.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts