Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed going through the struggle with you guys over the better part of a year. The Titan looks to be an awesome truck but is, sadly, not the truck for me anymore. I just pulled the trigger on a 2016 Ram and wish you all the absolute best!

Attachments

·
857 Posts
I have enjoyed going through the struggle with you guys over the better part of a year. The Titan looks to be an awesome truck but is, sadly, not the truck for me anymore. I just pulled the trigger on a 2016 Ram and wish you all the absolute best!
Good call on the RAM.

Slowly this forum is turning into "what i got instead of a Titan XD" :D

RAM might also be what I fall back onto if nothing else is stand out.

·
19 Posts
I will wait until i get to see and drive the xd; but I am beginning to lean toward a 3/4 ton. It seems the xd is going to have 3/4 price mileage and weight. My fifth wheel weighs only about 8000lbs, but would push the cargo weight close. Plus, the xd is not available yet. Might be a long wait also, especially for a 4wd. Not sure about the looks either. By the time there is a selection of them on lots; it might not be long for the 2017 F 250 release. I hate that Nissan has dropped the ball on this release. Especially for the folks at Cummins. LOL

·
658 Posts
I will wait until i get to see and drive the xd; but I am beginning to lean toward a 3/4 ton. It seems the xd is going to have 3/4 price mileage and weight. My fifth wheel weighs only about 8000lbs, but would push the cargo weight close. Plus, the xd is not available yet. Might be a long wait also, especially for a 4wd. Not sure about the looks either. By the time there is a selection of them on lots; it might not be long for the 2017 F 250 release. I hate that Nissan has dropped the ball on this release. Especially for the folks at Cummins. LOL
Demand, at least here, seems to be lowering quite dramatically. It may actually be pretty easy to get one. That is if they actually show up...

·
49 Posts
Congrats, I also plugged the trigger back in Mid November and ordered a Lariat 3.5 EcoBoost with Surround Camera/36 gallon Extended fuel tank/ Max Tow/ Tow Mirrors w/power telescoping and lane control the list goes on and on. 24mpg highway. MSRP was $58,670.00 after some negotiations I was able to get very close $9,000.00 off on a 2016 factory order.

Sadly I will miss that tack tack noise! I was also a loyal Nissan customer.

·
363 Posts
No need to wait. There's been enough XD info released for potential customers to decide if the XD is right for them. There's no way to spin it. It is what it is.

·
44 Posts
No need to wait. There's been enough XD info released for potential customers to decide if the XD is right for them. There's no way to spin it. It is what it is.
I made a mistake like this once. Researched a "garden tractor" over and over but could not see one in person. I thougt the same thing. Just replace the words "XD"with "Craftsman GT 5000". The tractor was delivered and I was shocked at how flimsy the frame was, the cutting deck, ect. Poor choice on my part becUse I didnt see it , drive it in person. It was only a $2500 mistake.
I get that sometimes you have to decide and buy something within a certain amount of time but to get pissed because of heresay and speculation?? Not me.
I will wait and see what the actual truck is like, how people use it, problems that crop up and some real world testing.

·
363 Posts
It's been pretty relaxed, drama-free, and quiet around here so I'm not sure where you're seeing anyone upset. For me, this is all about trying to get excited about the new XD via discussions, opinions, and speculation. On the other hand, a few of us have taken the initiative to see and feel the XD at local dealers and auto shows. That's about as good as it gets until you personally test drive it. But even then it's a leap of faith as you won't be able to load your trailer and take it up that 11 mile 6% grade in the heat of summer. At some point you need to process the information you have and avoid that rooky mistake. And that includes blogger reviews and competition comparos.

·
51 Posts
The numbers on this truck sound fine to me. Sounds solid and like it fits the void exactly like it's supposed to. It won't be for everyone and I won't know for sure until I see it and drive it but I'm certainly not jumping ship beforehand. I may not like it at all when I drive it but I would hate to run out and purchase a different truck now and then see this one and think, "Wow, I should have waited a few more weeks."

·
49 Posts
The real deciding factor for me was that Ford is producing over 70,000 plus F series units a month, vs. Nissan producing 800 to 900 units a month. Based on this I will give the XD a few years to work out the kinks and be back to kick the tires again. My current camper is only two years old with a dry weight of 6,450lbs and we have been dragging her everywhere behind our Nissan Armada so I don't expect any major towing challenges moving over to a loaded F150 Lariat with Max Tow.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I tow a 7500lb dry weight with my 2.7L F150. Power wise is a none issue, handles it easily. But stability wise it's scary compared to the 2012 titan it replaced. The lightness has its positives and negatives.

·
49 Posts
The F150 has additional 24" of wheelbase and weighs more than my current Armada, and the guys that I've spoken with towing under 7,500lbs luv the truck on the forums and RV net.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I can only give my first hand experience. Even the wife notices is it. To the point where it reminded her of me towing with my 2011 ram until I properly adjusted the weight distribution hitch. I have setup up the F150 to what I consider perfect but still nowhere as stable as the titan it replaced. But it should feel better for you with added wheel base of the F150.

·
1,979 Posts
The guys on the F150 forum are complaining about the 15's being too light and it's causing the trucks to be unstable.

·
49 Posts
AZPRO4X. Thanks, the only thread I found is http://www.f150forum.com/f82/2015-f150-towing-satisfaction-317188/. And of course the one or two idiots that listened the RV Sales guy and thought they could pull more than 8,000lbs with a grocery getter.

Again, the XD I am sure is going to be an amazing truck in a few years, but my concerns are going to be paying top price for a first generation truck out of the gate truck. Let's hope Nissan get this one nailed, but the lack of production automation scares me alone. No truck is perfect, and since 90% of our truck buying decision was based on daily use the XD is off the list for now. And with nicely equipped Lariats hitting the $60,000.00 the range it's unbelievable when you think you could buy a 250/2500 and get that awesome tack tack noise for the same $$$$

Good luck everyone, I will be following the XD developments and who knows maybe a trade up in a few years as well.

·
8 Posts
24 mpg in an ecoboost? You must be using a special kinda gas.lol. Of the 4 EcoBoost owners I know ( including myself) 20 mpg is not even achievable. I get 15mpg in mine. And that's on the highway at 60-65 mph. What's your secret?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yes 24 mpg seems very high. With my 2.7 with about a 60% Hwy and 40% City seems very content at around 12L per 100km or roughly 19 US mpg.

·
91 Posts
No offense people, but the ecoboost is the worst engine you could have in a truck. And I can say this loud and clear because I owned one and it burned me bad. Talk about a financial loss!

It's well known the many issues they have, and there are zero benefits to having one over a comparable v8. Even non Ford dealers are now refusing to take them on trade...

After my ecoboost experience, I'll never place trust in Ford again. And I've owned a lot of Fords, so that's saying something.

Anyways, still looking forward to the XD. I'm 75% there on the "buy it" scale...but the price still concerns me. Especially being in Canada...we get taxed and charged so unfairly in this country...it's almost criminal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts