Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jalopnik has published a write-up that hypes the Cummins Diesel Nissan Titan.

So Nissan's giving us something no other automaker will: a hardcore stump-pulling titty-twistin' motherfuggin' diesel with a cool brand name in a half-ton truck.
It doesn't really give us much new information, it just emphasizes what a big deal this vehicle will be when it does come out. Can it put a dent in the Big Three's ownership over the truck market?

Check out the story for yourself --> http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/do-you-have-any-idea-how-significant-a-cummins-diesel-n-1676100527/+damon

·
340 Posts
Wonder what Nissan paid for that bit of publicity? 'With a COOL brand' is straight from the mouth of some blonde haired PR minion fresh off her internship...

·
340 Posts
To be fair, thats not what I was talking about ;)

But yes we'll see how well it goes over, I still think mass appeal lays in fuel econ not outright brawn...

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be fair, thats not what I was talking about ;)

But yes we'll see how well it goes over, I still think mass appeal lays in fuel econ not outright brawn...
You say that Nissan paid for the publicity, but they didn't. I just think that is important as far as knowing where bias might be. I'll agree that fuel economy is a bit more important than brawn right now.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jalopnik sure does like the Titan though. They published yet another article about the vehicle recently that is titled "2016 Nissan Titan Cummins Diesel: Everything We Know".

They give "quick and dirty" facts on the Nissan Titan.

- First redesign since vehicle's introduction in 2003
- Unveil date: 1/12/15
- Cummins turbo diesel V8
- Gooseneck-hitch towing (heavy pulling power)
Check out the full article here. -->http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2016-nissan-titan-cummins-diesel-everything-we-know-1676630787/+matthardigree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts