Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
70 Posts
Me too. Nissan needs some serious incentives to gain any market share. It might take a few years to ever hit 100k/year.
Low numbers for sure. Many factors killing the sales in comparison to the big 3. No commercials (although they are probably holding off until dealer inventory is built up), only configuration is the diesel XD crew cab currently, no inventory on dealer lots (mine is on order). I think once they release the gasser version in the XD, and in the normal 1/2 ton version with the regular cab, crew cab, long bed etc. the sales will go up. The big three just have so many versions of trucks to choose from and in 1/2, 3/4, and 1 ton models. 100K is a long way to go for sure but the Gen 1 Titan did well when it came out they ran that commercial in the ground. The big 3 have always been that way with so many commercials you grow up thinking the only truck is a Ford Chevy or Dodge and the only beer is Budlight or Miller Lite.

·
77 Posts
That is for the 2015 Titan and XD. They where giving 10000.00 of the old Titan at my local dealership.
You can get $10,000 off any new mid to high level full size truck, if you don't get at least 10K off you paid to much. Now that excludes brand new models like the XD but give it 6 months or so.

·
96 Posts
Your not to see any discounts on the xd **** they don't even have vpp pricing for employees like myself on it.

·
70 Posts
I agree I just hope Nissan doesn't do like Mercedes does on this truck for the sake of other buyers. Mercedes keeps inventory on their lots low and doesn't deal very much if at all. They would rather sell fewer cars at at higher price than volume. We have bought 2 in the past 5 years and they basically told me to buy something else when I tried to negotiate lol.

·
70 Posts
My reply was actually to bigas reply. **** nothing to employees either they are banking on this truck. I pulled the trigger and mines on order maybe I could save thousands if I waited but I'm impatient to say the least.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I only got the cash discount off my titan. But I got thousands more for my trade in compared to what other dealers were offering.
Two city dealers that guaranteed me best price were $9000 to $18500 more overall price then the deal I got.

·
169 Posts
The XD has a steep climb ahead of itself.

A) it suffers from perceptions of the outgoing model of the same name
B) it's brand new and not many on lots to go look at/drive/buy
C) it costs more than other 1/2 ton trucks and has zero benefits over them. It's got no more capabilities than the other.

Swing and a miss by Nissan, I'll say it until proven wrong. They had a golden opportunity and totally blew it. This isn't based off the sales numbers, just what I see as a pickup owner.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I felt similar to you with the info I saw when it came out. Then I drove one and pretty much bought one then.
It's an over built half ton.
I tow between 8-10000 lbs. Tried that with my 2015 f150. It was most unstable to date. The titan will be perfect for that with the extra weight. I looked at the eco diesel and considered an f250 xlt fx4 6.7. But after driving them all. The titan xd was my hands down favorite. Once negotiating was done price was better then I expected overall. Now 1500 km I couldn't be happier. Seems to be on par with my 2.7 ford and on winter diesel. I only expecting it to improve.

·
44 Posts
They will be having a difficult time selling when they add $5995.00 fair market value price hike to an existing SV they have had for 2 weeks. Thats right, $5995.00 ADDED to the price. I could see if they sold a few before delivery but this is their first one. Its still there a full two weeks later.

Swing and a miss. I bet the numbers don't include very many 2016 Xd sales.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
They are on the lots here in ontario with many dealers in my area with 3-4 xd's in-stock. They aren't asking above msrp here and most are honoring current nissan rebates.

·
172 Posts
They won't sell many when dealers are hijacking the prices. A dealer in Statesville NC has a PR priced at $82,000! $20,000 over retail! Nissan needs inventory at the dealers and some TV advertising.

·
904 Posts
Yeah I think it's pretty ridiculous to back the price and charge some type of market demand fee. If you keep looking you will find a dealer that is more honest and willing to make a deal. Nissan should put the dealers in check for ruining this roll out for them. I didn't get a great deal on my xd pro 4x but I sure didn't pay a market value premium. Still love the truck. Wish I had nerf bars, weather tech floor and mud flaps. Had mud all the way up the side view
mirrors today.

·
124 Posts
The XD has a steep climb ahead of itself.

A) it suffers from perceptions of the outgoing model of the same name
B) it's brand new and not many on lots to go look at/drive/buy
C) it costs more than other 1/2 ton trucks and has zero benefits over them. It's got no more capabilities than the other.

Swing and a miss by Nissan, I'll say it until proven wrong. They had a golden opportunity and totally blew it. This isn't based off the sales numbers, just what I see as a pickup owner.
I couldnt disagree with you more. Sure, on paper the XD looks like your not gaining any capabilities over the other 1/2 tons. Im sure you've climbed all over an XD by now and can clearly see what Nissan did to make it handle a load far better then the other trucks. If I was pulling anywhere near 12,000lbs I would gladly choose the XD over any other 1/2 ton. Discounts hasnt hit the XD yet so its close in price to the 3/4 tons. Once the newness wears off and deals are being made, then the value will swing towards the XD even further. Look at this recent max tow test of the current 1/2 tons. Ford guys like to brag that they can haul over 2,000lbs. On paper this sounds great. Watch the video to see what 1750lbs looks like in real life.

·
363 Posts
I can't see any video in your post but regarding PUTC.com's loaded test, they admitted some pickups were overloaded per manufacturer load ratings. Of course, one of the trade-offs of making pickups with car-like suspension is a poor ride (sagging) at max loads much like the old days of easily overloaded El Caminos, Rancheros, and station wagons pulling trailers cross-country.

Odd the XD isn't rated to carry much more than a half ton given all the built-in capability including rear leaf spring suspension.

·
430 Posts
I couldnt disagree with you more. Sure, on paper the XD looks like your not gaining any capabilities over the other 1/2 tons. Im sure you've climbed all over an XD by now and can clearly see what Nissan did to make it handle a load far better then the other trucks. If I was pulling anywhere near 12,000lbs I would gladly choose the XD over any other 1/2 ton. Discounts hasnt hit the XD yet so its close in price to the 3/4 tons. Once the newness wears off and deals are being made, then the value will swing towards the XD even further. Look at this recent max tow test of the current 1/2 tons. Ford guys like to brag that they can haul over 2,000lbs. On paper this sounds great. Watch the video to see what 1750lbs looks like in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJBDjsBWvZs&list=PLEklXwm2o-ALQwrpFt79-zEpxBQTbMeZ3&index=2
If you ever pulled anything near 12,000lbs before, and planned on doing so, again, you would skip right over ANY half ton, and the XD. I don't care what these guys are saying about "acceleration feels quick." Bottom line is, there's no replacement for displacement.

1 - 20 of 508 Posts