Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Largely due to the info on this forum I purchased a Titan XD 4x4 5.6. I traded a 2017 F-250 4x4 gas that had too many steering and front susp. issues. Ford fixed it at my expense and the problem re-occurred a few months later. My towing needs have always been between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton so the Titan XD really fits us better. I tow a gooseneck horse trailer with 2 horses. The Pin weight with horses is #1350. My needs are met by by the 2092 pillar sticker payload, however I'm curious why the nissan brochure says payload for the crew is #2500. Is that based on the S trim? Can I remove the boxes under the back seat for more payload? What else can be deleted for more payload?

I'm enjoying the truck so far. It is a much more comfortable ride than a 3/4 ton truck. The bed height is so much more reasonable than the F250.

Thanks

·
77 Posts
Congrats and welcome. The underseat storage only weighs 30 pounds according to what I see. I also own a 2018 SV 4x4 crew with the 5.6L. My truck doesn't have the underseat storage but I will be adding it.

·
8 Posts
My Titan xd is also an SV trim, but is a King cab. I have traveled across the country from Vermont to Nevada and back with an 8000 lb TT. No issues and a rock solid ride. I am not sure what the tongue weight is, but I crossed the Rockies near Denver, and that proved I had made the right decision over my Chevy Silverado. You and your horses will likely be fine.

·
580 Posts
Largely due to the info on this forum I purchased a Titan XD 4x4 5.6. I traded a 2017 F-250 4x4 gas that had too many steering and front susp. issues. Ford fixed it at my expense and the problem re-occurred a few months later. My towing needs have always been between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton so the Titan XD really fits us better. I tow a gooseneck horse trailer with 2 horses. The Pin weight with horses is #1350. My needs are met by by the 2092 pillar sticker payload, however I'm curious why the nissan brochure says payload for the crew is #2500. Is that based on the S trim? Can I remove the boxes under the back seat for more payload? What else can be deleted for more payload?

I'm enjoying the truck so far. It is a much more comfortable ride than a 3/4 ton truck. The bed height is so much more reasonable than the F250.

Thanks
You can make alterations to the vehicle but you cannot legally claim a higher payload/tow capacity without having your label updated. That means you still may be exposing yourself to civil liability by carrying in excess of the placarded rating.

I wrote about it here: Adding to Payload Capacity

1 - 4 of 4 Posts