Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does everyone else's key fob batteries last? I only get 2 to 4 months out of them before I have to replace them. I only use Energizer batteries.

·
70 Posts
After almost two years, I got the Batt low warning on the dash.
You might try another brand.

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's crazy I go through them fast. When u guys do electric start do u guys hold the button down till it starts.

·
111 Posts
Something is draining your juice. Dealer item to fix , my truck is one year old same battery in fob. good luck cow boy.

·
170 Posts
My fob battery is a little over 2 years old now. Probably needs changing because I have times that it says no key when I first try to crank the truck.

·
203 Posts
I have had the truck for a year and a half and have gone though two batteries. Says low batteries but when I check the voltage I still get 3V.

·
169 Posts
Does your key go in your pocket? Perhaps a button is continuously getting pressed. Try hooking a carabiner through a belt loop for awhile and see if that does the trick. It is worth a shot.

·
257 Posts
Just changed both of my key fob batteries out for the first time in 2+ years. I only use it to open/lock the truck as well as testing my trailer lights.

·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My keys are hooked to my belt loop. I am in a bucket truck alot. Maybe they are pressing up against the side and I don't realize it.

·
133 Posts
Also make sure your keys are well out of range of the truck when you park at home or work had a Honda tech tell me in the past if keys are within range it could drain the batteries of the fob and vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
849 Posts
How long does everyone else's key fob batteries last? I only get 2 to 4 months out of them before I have to replace them. I only use Energizer batteries.
Does this occur with both fobs or only one fob. If both than try a different brand of batteries.

I have had the truck for a year and a half and have gone though two batteries. Says low batteries but when I check the voltage I still get 3V.
I am guessing that you are checking the voltage without putting a load on the battery. It will likely drop below the threshold for testing when loaded.

·
901 Posts
Ive had my truck for 19 months and use the auto stsrt when its cold. Mine has been telling me the key battery is low for about 5 months and iv lucked out on not having not start.

·
203 Posts
Does this occur with both fobs or only one fob. If both than try a different brand of batteries.

I am guessing that you are checking the voltage without putting a load on the battery. It will likely drop below the threshold for testing when loaded.
2.9 V under a load test. I have tried Duracell and energizer, same affect. Happens with whatever key is my primary.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts