Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been to 3 different dealership in the last couple of week here in bc to try to get more info about the new Titan XD and every time its the same story. the sale reps seem to know nothing about the truck even if its right in front on them and they do not seem motivate to try to sale the truck. i was rely interested in the truck but cant seem to find a dealership that know what they are talking about and not just trying to lie to the costumer if the sale rep doesn't know the truck i wonder what the guy is the shop know anything about diesel. I was wondering if im the only one or other people feel the same way.

·
70 Posts
Same story here in Texas believe me. Went to my closest dealer day I found out they had a platinum reserve 4x4 and checked it out. Salesman knew nothing although he said Nissan had sent one around to dealerships for training earlier apparently he didn't pay attention. I folded up the rear seats to check out the flat folding floor and he said he didn't even know about that. Went to another dealer about 30 minutes away and they had another platinum reserve but it was a 2 wheel drive and I said something about I was looking for a blue 4x4 and he said they had a blue one coming in but the 4x4s wouldn't be available for months I said well there is one up the road and he said he thought I must have been mistaken I said I'm pretty sure the 4x4 tag on the back and the high low knob weren't something I imagined and left. Best one is the dealers listing the 4x4 platinum reserve as a pro 4x. One dealer told me the 4x4 platinum was the pro 4x in the Titan XD I told him on the phone you might want to look at your brochure. See a lot of that same mistake online also. I called another dealer we have 8 within about 2 hours from me and asked if they had any in stock and he said yea they had a bunch and I said are you talking about the Titan XD and he said yea and I said the new one with the diesel and he said let me check on that and when he got back on the phone he said no we don't have any diesels only gas. I said then you don't have any XD's and he said he guessed not lol. Same thing at a couple more dealers. I was blown away how the salespeople could be so uninformed about a product this long in the making. I finally found a dealer that knew about it like it had been around for years and I put one on order. I'm a Nissan fan but the roll out of this truck has been a total mess.

·
927 Posts
Every dealer had to send one tech for a five day training course on the Cummins before they could receive their trucks. So there should be one person in the shop that has some knowledge on it. That being said, how much knowledge depends on the person that they sent.

·
10 Posts
I stopped by local dealer on south-side of Indy last night to view in person my 1st XD! I was excited! They had 2 on lot, one 2WD and one 4WD. My wife got out with me to look with me, was wearing a nice pair of shoes that day. The 2WD truck was parked in mud near the road, and the 4WD truck was on a high rock pile near the entrance at an angle close to tipping on its side. She stumbled up to look at the truck and said 'really, this thing is about to tip over'. Young sales guy came out (nice guy, tried hard) and said 'would you like to take a look'? I said 'one is in mud, and the other is on a rock pile, not very customer friendly'. His boss came out and said 'would you like to take for drive'? I said not right now, just looking, waiting 6-9 months for prices to come off sticker, more like invoice plus, and a different axle ratio from Nissan to improve fuel mileage. He said take it for a drive, it is a heavy truck. I said I am in an F250CC now, I know heavy trucks. He told me the XD was a 9000 pound truck??? I said no way, that would be over GVWR with no one in it. Got that puppy dog look back from him???

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad to see i'm not the only one with terrible experience. it weird that you would expect the sale person to at least know the information on the brochure or what you can find on Nissan web site. I'l just look around for an other dealership with better knowledge. wondering if you teach the saleman about the truck do you also get is comision it might make the truck cheaper.

·
857 Posts
I'm glad to see i'm not the only one with terrible experience. it weird that you would expect the sale person to at least know the information on the brochure or what you can find on Nissan web site. I'l just look around for an other dealership with better knowledge. wondering if you teach the saleman about the truck do you also get is comision it might make the truck cheaper.
Sadly that's how it is, even with service advisors it can be like that but there always are those 1-3 service advisors and sales people that know their $hit.

·
658 Posts
I'd also say that it's not just the dealers. The brochure is sh!t too. As a towing 1/2 ton, the brochure gives no useful information on towing or cargo loads. The towing and cargo numbers listed as max capacity when properly equipped but doesn't tell you what that is. Doesn't give any info to towing or cargo numbers based on trim level. The max cargo number is based of off gas motor too... One of the caveats says to see Nissan towing guide.... Ummm... Yeah... How about releasing that towing guide Nissan?

·
1 Posts
You're probably going to have a hard time finding a sales person who knows the XD well, have to remember this is new to them. I'm the tech in the shop that gets the privilege of working on the XD. I've only been with at the Dealer for 2 1/2 years, before that I spent over 20 years with Ford working on the Powerstroke, so this is old hat to me and I really hope the truck is a success. If you do go to a dealer you could ask to talk to the diesel tech. I think most would be happy to.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am not expecting them to fully know the in and out of a diesel engine and can even let them go by saying its a twin turbo but where i have a problem is when they don't know their own trim level. one of them tough that the titan xd only came in the pro 4x model while their was a SV and a PR right beside it he didn't know their was a luxury package that could been added to the pro 4x model. An other one told me straight up that it was is first time siting in and opening the hood of the titan xd and that with the truck being at that dealership for 2 week. I do agree that the diesel tech might have a fair bit of knowledge on the new engine and it would be a realy interesting conversation with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts