Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back yesterday from a trip to KC pulling a 7k lb trailer for a friend. The XD performed really well in 95+ degree heat along the prairie. The Mrs. said about half way there "this truck doesn't feel any different than it did without the trailer. Your other one was horrible without a trailer." True that.

Washed it all up and then since I didn't have anything else to do this afternoon, I thought I'd investigate the oil filter location and transmission pan situation. The oil filter is about 5 1/2 inches long, and rides on the block immediately above power steering box lines. Well, not immediately above them, but above them. Anyways, I bought a filter from the local stealer and compared it to my 5.9 Cummins filters. Identical in dimensions to the 5.9L unit except for overall height. The 5.9 filter is just shy of 7 inches tall, and the 5.0L is just over 5.5 inches tall. I think the 5.9 Stratapore would fit, so I measured the clearance, yep, there's about 2.5 inches clearance for the bigger filter. Food for thought.

Then I looked at the transmission pan. The Dodge's have trouble with the Aisin bolts along the frame support member; you can't get the pan off without taking the cross member loose to get to one edge of the pan bolts. The XD has plenty of clearance to get the pan off without all that hassle. I'm curious to see if the Aisin filter for the Ram is the same on this transmission.

Then I looked at the gooseneck mount, I was impressed with the box steel used and the weld quality. Nice.

The spare wheel is forged aluminum, just like the four mounted units, and is made by Enkei, which surprised me.

The Aisin is made in the US, which also surprised me. I'd like to know where, but couldn't find a location. I think they're partners with Warner. Seems like I read that somewhere.

MB

Attachments

·
31 Posts
Nice! Good to know this thing of beauty can tow well because that is what I'll be doing in a month and a half. 7k trailer across the U.S. (Florida to Seattle, WA)

I too am fascinated by some of the extra r&d put into this first year truck, along with some good styling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts