Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got tired of not being able to see in the bed at night, due to the titan boxes blocking the factory light. I ordered connectors and made a harness that plugs into the factory harness (factory lights are unplugged). There was even an existing hole in the bed to put a grommet in and run the wire out of. I installed led cats eyes rock lights in the lid of the titan boxes. There's no problem seeing now.

Attachments

950 Posts
That looks good.
Had to flip the railing bars so the clamps on the sectional flip top would work. The bars ended up covering the lights completely, so had to cut the shape of the light out of the railings and now the light comes straight through. Clamping still works w/o loss of it's ability/strength. Now it's easy to see everything in the bed, get all the fishing gear out and not hearing that something was left behind, lol.

950 Posts
Raining out tonight so had to make my favorite secret chili recipe before anything, UMM GOOOD!

Lets see if I can get this pic thing right. :)

Attachments

90 Posts
Great idea. I wish there was an easy way for us to turn on these lights from the tailgate and leave them on till the tailgate is closed, without the truck running. Can't tell you how many times I've been at the grocery or home improvement store and had to load the bed under the darkness of a tonneau cover.

123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great idea. I wish there was an easy way for us to turn on these lights from the tailgate and leave them on till the tailgate is closed, without the truck running. Can't tell you how many times I've been at the grocery or home improvement store and had to load the bed under the darkness of a tonneau cover.
The only way I know of, other than going in the truck and turning the cargo light on, is to keep bumping the unlock on the keyfob once in a while. I agree, a switch for that would be nice. I debated it, but I wanted these wired in to work like factory.

1 Posts
I got tired of not being able to see in the bed at night, due to the titan boxes blocking the factory light. I ordered connectors and made a harness that plugs into the factory harness (factory lights are unplugged). There was even an existing hole in the bed to put a grommet in and run the wire out of. I installed led cats eyes rock lights in the lid of the titan boxes. There's no problem seeing now.
Hi, nice lights) Can you point out where bed lights originate? I can not find factory bed lights wiring diagram anywhere. I want to install some lights on mine 2017 P4X. I am hoping to do it the same way as factory, just different LED lights. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts