Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some silly reason Nissan decided that only half the lights on our XD's should be LED.

I picked up some 921 style LED bulbs at Advance Auto for $25 and they're nice and super bright. It should make reversing safer because I'll be able to see more and the camera should look better too. Took all of 2 min to swap out.

Now I want to swap out the bulbs on the inside of the tail light that illuminate the tail gate and also the interior dome lights should have been LED from the factory.

Cheers

Attachments

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any comparison photos of before and after by any chance ?
No, unfortunately I don't. It's also very hard to see what they truly look like using my camera. They're 6000k so they're super bright white with just a very small blue hue. It's a night and day difference though. Well worth the upgrade.

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
footloose if not a big deal can you post the bulbs you buy for interior when u do I've been wanting to go all led also.
Yep. There's a guy on the TitanTalk Facebook page that sells LED lighting. He knows all the sizes and everything. His name is Scott. If you're on Facebook make sure you join the TitanTalk page and there's a handful of us XD owners there.

Additionally, there's one guy that already swapped out all halogen bulbs for LED inside and out on his white Pro 4X XD.

·
1 Posts
I'd like to know the color temp of the headlamps so I can match the fog lamps. Just noticed they are not blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK... So I am blind or dumb ...how do you remove the lens cover??
It's in your manual.... But it's pretty self explanatory too lol

Open the tailgate and you'll see 2 Philips head screws on each tail light. Remove them and the tail lights will pull right off. Easy.

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to know the color temp of the headlamps so I can match the fog lamps. Just noticed they are not blue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I didn't see that info posted in the manual. Most auto manufacturers use 4300k so it's probably pretty close to that. If you swap yours out please report back and let us know if you found a match.

·
70 Posts
It's in your manual.... But it's pretty self explanatory too lol

Open the tailgate and you'll see 2 Philips head screws on each tail light. Remove them and the tail lights will pull right off. Easy.
Thank You!!....I looked up behind the sheet-metal and looked almost impossible
unless you had snakes for hands......

·
Banned
369 Posts
For some silly reason Nissan decided that only half the lights on our XD's should be LED.

I picked up some 921 style LED bulbs at Advance Auto for $25 and they're nice and super bright. It should make reversing safer because I'll be able to see more and the camera should look better too. Took all of 2 min to swap out.

Now I want to swap out the bulbs on the inside of the tail light that illuminate the tail gate and also the interior dome lights should have been LED from the factory.

Cheers
Would those light bulbs work for turn signal lights also?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I did the 921's in the tailgate and reverse, Used Phillips LED instead of Sylvania, same results. Did the turn / stop bulbs as well. Believe the number was 1157r, R being for red led not white. Only thing is my turn signals now hyper flash because of the change in voltage draw. Apparently it can be fixed by swapping out resistor or something. Haven't gotten to looking for it yet.

·
2 Posts
Had my 2017 Titan XD for a week now, also very disappointed with the cheap quality of the exterior bulbs. Will be swapping them for LED's very soon.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
To resurrect this thread, I did this mod tonight. I will copy what I posted to my build thread, because the actually nighttime comparison photos may be helpful to other people considering this mod:

OEM incandescent bulbs said:
Reverse camera visibility:

Standing next to the driver's taillight with no brakes applied:

Approximation of how the reverse lights look to a camera/a person behind the truck:

Sylvnia Zevos #921 LED bulbs said:
Reverse camera visibility:

Next to driver's taillight, no brakes applied. Note how the shed wall is less lit, although the visible details do seem sharper/more crisp:

No question that these (marked "for off-road use only") LEDs appear brighter when looking at them. Because off-road, so not aimed in a DOT-approved way:

... I am going to be very honest, but I am not convinced that these LEDs are actually better light output. Open to interpretation or discussion, but I am posting here to be helpful. I am like many others - I think the white light of the LEDs looks better than the OEM yellow light even if they aren't as effective in inclement weather etc.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
This is a bit of a delayed follow-up. But these things take time, as they say.

Not quite in the OEM way, but I did fix this issue. It is now all good.

So good.

SO, SO GOOD.

More details in my build thread, here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts