Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I'm going to do sled deck yet or not. Or I have always been a fan of leer 100xq.
I contacted leer about the xq. They said they only have the XL and a Lesser model available for the 2016 xd 5.6 box?
I responded that doesn't make sense only the 6.5 box available right now and the 5.6 box could still be months.
They said someone must have preordered.
I still didn't get it. So they have a cap for a box that's months away, but no cap for the bed that's been on the market for a few months.
They said they will in the near future but no xq model.
I might have to look at ARE lol.

·
658 Posts
Not sure if I'm going to do sled deck yet or not. Or I have always been a fan of leer 100xq.
I contacted leer about the xq. They said they only have the XL and a Lesser model available for the 2016 xd 5.6 box?
I responded that doesn't make sense only the 6.5 box available right now and the 5.6 box could still be months.
They said someone must have preordered.
I still didn't get it. So they have a cap for a box that's months away, but no cap for the bed that's been on the market for a few months.
They said they will in the near future but no xq model.
I might have to look at ARE lol.
Well, I think this could be a good example of what we were talking about in the other thread, low XD sales numbers will result in a low variety of aftermarket parts... But hey, at least you are the only one in your area running around in an XD. Unfortunately, Leer has noticed that too and has decided it's not worth their time or money to develop and mfg the cap you want, at least for now. (Also looks to be another nod to the confusion on what Nissan trucks exist, will exist, what lengths, when, etc...)

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree to a point. But they have gone to the effort to develop a cap. But the confusion is wrong size first. So it's a total waste of time for immediate sales.
In my area there is the odd xd popping up I have saw three different ones in my travels.

·
658 Posts
I agree to a point. But they have gone to the effort to develop a cap. But the confusion is wrong size first. So it's a total waste of time for immediate sales.
In my area there is the odd xd popping up I have saw three different ones in my travels.
I think the regular 1/2 ton Titan will be the biggest seller, with the super short bed. I'd bet that's why it is getting the most attention, even if it's not being released for quite a while. But who knows?!? I know I have been thoroughly confused by Nissan on what variations of the Titan (and XD) are going to be released and when.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason are z series is expensive here in ontario.
So I thought I would talk to leer again.
Only plan on making the leer 100r for the 6.5 titan xd boxes. My argument was there are higher end trucks why would I want a construction cap on my non construction truck?
But they did inform they have good news the 5.6 caps would be available very soon in xr or xl.
My response again so you made a cap for a box we won't see until the end of the year? The box that's been out for a few months will be available a little after but in only one model.

I'm still shaking my head, they must have a good new model product developer lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts