Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
461 - 480 of 502 Posts

·
2018, Titan XD, SV, 4x4, 5.0, 4" Lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers
5 Posts
I love the look! And I'm very curious about your red/orange tow hooks and blacked out Cummins fender badge. Did you do that yourself?
Thanks gpzbc. Took off the Tow Hooks and painted them red... We all know red tow hooks make it significantly better off road. ;) The Midnight Edition came with the blacked out Cummins badge.

·
14 Posts
Thanks gpzbc. Took off the Tow Hooks and painted them red... We all know red tow hooks make it significantly better off road. ;) The Midnight Edition came with the blacked out Cummins badge.
I'm going to do the same thing to my tow hooks. Any recommendations to get them as close to "lava red" as possible?

And I'm guessing it's as simple as removing a couple of bolts?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
2018, Titan XD, SV, 4x4, 5.0, 4" Lift, 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers
5 Posts
I'm going to do the same thing to my tow hooks. Any recommendations to get them as close to "lava red" as possible?

And I'm guessing it's as simple as removing a couple of bolts?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes. Two bolts per hook. Not sure how to get the Lava Red (trim color of the new 2020 and later). I just used some paint I had laying around. I believe it was red brake caliper paint. Nothing special. I soaked them in paint remover to remove all the black. Then a wire brush all over. Cleaned, dried, then painted with 3 coats. Bolted them back on and torqued to spec. I'm sure I'll need to re-coat them at some point.

Good Luck!

·
7 Posts
I know, Mine is not for everyone but here it is. Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
. 18 XD SL midnight Cummins
22k miles. Bought it 3 weeks ago
Installed-- 6' lift. Ez lynks 100 hp tuner. S&B intake. 5% tint all the way around. Fastway 8'drop hitch. Forged Fuel 26x14 wheels. Venom xt 37x13.50 tires my daily driver and this one will stay on pavement. Lol. Kept my Jeep for playing.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
‘19 SV 4x4 5.7 “Big Bertha”
55 Posts
This is my '19 SV project. Just finished the side-grill DRL lamp install that I'll post more info about in "What did you do" section. So far, added all-weather floor mats, 20' light bar in front, and a front & rear recording rear view mirror. Baby steps but I'll get her where I want her.
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Grille

·
12 Posts
This is my 2016 about six months ago when I got it. Since then I’ve done a 2 in leveling kit in the front and a 1.5lift in the back. So far I love the truck, it does everything I need and look great doing it. I did modify the front cup holder situation so I could use a phone clamp View attachment 44744 View attachment 44745
This is my 2016 about six months ago when I got it. Since then I’ve done a 2 in leveling kit in the front and a 1.5lift in the back. So far I love the truck, it does everything I need and look great doing it. I did modify the front cup holder situation so I could use a phone clamp View attachment 44744 View attachment 44745
could you tell me more about the cup holder mod?

461 - 480 of 502 Posts