Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting a 3"-4" lift on my Pro4X XD. Looking for info for the best lift or good and bad on lifts you have installed. Also what kind of MPGs are you getting. Thanks!

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a 3” Rough Country on mine. Anything more would be overkill for what my truck will see. I love the look of it now
Looks great. Any big change in the ride or handling? I have heard mixed reviews. Also what are you getting for MPG?

·
118 Posts
I put a 3” Rough Country on mine. Anything more would be overkill for what my truck will see. I love the look of it now
Looks great. Any big change in the ride or handling? I have heard mixed reviews. Also what are you getting for MPG?
Ride quality is the same no changes, currently getting an average of about 15.5 mpg. But I’m in upstate ny so the cold weather blend I’ve been told drops it up to 3mpg so I’m hoping it jumps up close to 18 in warmer non winter blend months.

·
421 Posts
Looking at putting a 3"-4" lift on my Pro4X XD. Looking for info for the best lift or good and bad on lifts you have installed. Also what kind of MPGs are you getting. Thanks!
I've got an icon stage 3. Ride is awesome and you can adjust the shocks to your preference. Mpg dropped about 2 from stock but I'm on 35s

·
421 Posts
Yeah I hear you it wasn't fun but **** it rides well and soaks up everything so much better than stock. I can run 60 comfortable on a caliche rutted out road where at 35 on the stock suspension the truck was all over the place and the rear end was walking bad

·
769 Posts
Yeah I hear you it wasn't fun but **** it rides well and soaks up everything so much better than stock. I can run 60 comfortable on a caliche rutted out road where at 35 on the stock suspension the truck was all over the place and the rear end was walking bad

I can vouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
769 Posts
I think I hate both of you!!!

If you rode in a truck with it just once you would buy. No doubt. If your doing it for tires buy a cheap lift. If your investing in a better truck with a better ride starting mile 1 and every highway and off road mile after. You will not regret it I promise you that.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info. I know for the 3"-4" size kits their are only a few options. I was looking at the tuff country/ ruff country or the Icon. The Icon was just a lot compared to the other. Seems like it has good reviews and fellow xd owners on here like. Thanks again for the information.

·
1,203 Posts
You get what you pay for...for sure. My RC "level" basically retains the stock Pro 4x ride. Based on experience with RC lifts there is NO way I would go with any of their lift components. Just too cheap for me. I bought a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited new and really didn't know what I was doing with lift. Went cheap and got a RC 2.5 lift with springs and shocks thinking it would be ok. The springs sagged and the shocks were terrible. Ended up swapping it out for Pro Comp springs and Rubicon Express shocks which made a night and day difference. Plus I got really good at installing lifts on JK's as an added bonus.

That being said I don't expect my XD to ride like a Caddy, but a little softer ride would be nice. My next set of tires is gonna be Ridge Grapplers so I may make the Icon change then. Just not sure which stage to go with. The 3 is awesome, but really costly.

·
142 Posts
You guys running the Icon lift kit, how does it affect towing? I usually don't do lift kits because they ruin the towing capabilities of the truck.

Stay frosty

·
769 Posts
You guys running the Icon lift kit, how does it affect towing? I usually don't do lift kits because they ruin the towing capabilities of the truck.

Stay frosty

The info on the lift states does not change towing or hauling. Hauling I can attest to. Towing I haven't yet but seems like no change. Super good kit.

·
421 Posts
It's a one inch block in the rear. So it doesn't affect anything. The plus with the icon is you can get the adjustable shocks so you can open them up if you like a soft ride or firm them up for towing. You can also mix and match so if you don't want to spend the extra $$$ on adjustable resi up front but want the adjustable rear piggyback you can get that package.

·
602 Posts

Stay frosty
Do a google search of
“Titan XD Lance Hellwig”

With that being said I have Rough Country 2” kit with 1 1/2” rear blocks. Running 275/65R20 (34”)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts