Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my fuel filters and went to prime and lift pump quit working after 30 seconds. Low pressure warning was still on tried it again. Couldn’t here pump run. Looked at both filters again to make sure I didn’t do something wrong both looked good. Tried to prime again nothing found fuse blown replaced it . Tried again blew fuse again. Called Local dealer he said could help me they don’t have deisel tech. Had to get it towed 175 miles on my AAA cause nissan was no help. Service guy called today said it wouldn’t under warranty! I run lift pump dry my fault. They hadn’t even looked at it yet but mechanic said it was my fault cause I used wick filter instead of OEM. I used wick last time had no problems. Pretty pissed been in shop 3 times in 6weeks. Turbo problems that they did finally fix under warranty. The lift pump will cost me$1100.00. Tank was 3/4 full don’t know how I ruin the lift pump.😤😤😤

·
168 Posts
What year model is your truck and how many miles do you have on it? Honest question. How often do you run the tank below 1/8th? I ask that because my 2016 HATES being run below 1/8th. It loses fuel pressure and tends to not want to fully pressurize with priming enough to crank. I learned my lesson the hard way when I also burned out the lift pump with 58k miles. And since my factory 3/36 basic had expired, because for whatever reason, Nissan considers the fuel pumps to be part of the emissions system and therefore covered under the basic warranty, I tried to file the claim on the extended warranty I WASTED my money on when I bought the truck. That company denied the claim too because they said they didn't cover that particular part. That left me out $750.
Another question, is the $1100 also including labor? If not, you are getting ripped off my friend! And even with labor that seems like way too much money. You can get a FASS kit for under $800 and never have to worry about the crappy OEM lift pump ever again.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year model is your truck and how many miles do you have on it? Honest question. How often do you run the tank below 1/8th? I ask that because my 2016 HATES being run below 1/8th. It loses fuel pressure and tends to not want to fully pressurize with priming enough to crank. I learned my lesson the hard way when I also burned out the lift pump with 58k miles. And since my factory 3/36 basic had expired, because for whatever reason, Nissan considers the fuel pumps to be part of the emissions system and therefore covered under the basic warranty, I tried to file the claim on the extended warranty I WASTED my money on when I bought the truck. That company denied the claim too because they said they didn't cover that particular part. That left me out $750.
Another question, is the $1100 also including labor? If not, you are getting ripped off my friend! And even with labor that seems like way too much money. You can get a FASS kit for under $800 and never have to worry about the crappy OEM lift pump ever again.
2017 SL with 37k miles and never gets below 1/4 tank I usually top it off so it don’t get condensate.
They just called and installed new pump with labor is $749 if I new it wasn’t going to be covered I would have went fass route. And with my luck I’ll be putting one on in another 30k. They never said it was out of warranty just that it was my fault I burned pump up.
Did u go with fass system yet?

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2017 SL with 37k miles and never gets below 1/4 tank I usually top it off so it don’t get condensate.
They just called and installed new pump with labor is $749 if I new it wasn’t going to be covered I would have went fass route. And with my luck I’ll be putting one on in another 30k. They never said it was out of warranty just that it was my fault I burned pump up.
Did u go with fass system yet?
Just looked in my warranty book and the xd federal emission performance and defect has astricks saying 60 months and 50k miles

·
86 Posts
2017 XD Cummins SV model with 82k miles. Changed both fuel filters every 15k, run my truck to E almost everytime, and I have always used the WIX filters. If I was you, I would’ve bought a FASS fuel system. I will when/if mine goes out.

·
168 Posts
Haven't done FASS yet. I will eventually though. I am very tired of getting the LOW FUEL PRESSURE SERVICE FUEL SYSTEM warning anytime my tank drops below 1/4. It just blows my mind that it happens to me every single time. I try not to let it get that low, but sometimes life happens and I can't stop at a gas station right away. So I'll weigh my options on either a FASS or an external fuel tank. I still haven't figured out the reasoning behind putting such a small tank on a truck that gets as terrible fuel mileage as ours do.

·
86 Posts
Haven't done FASS yet. I will eventually though. I am very tired of getting the LOW FUEL PRESSURE SERVICE FUEL SYSTEM warning anytime my tank drops below 1/4. It just blows my mind that it happens to me every single time. I try not to let it get that low, but sometimes life happens and I can't stop at a gas station right away. So I'll weigh my options on either a FASS or an external fuel tank. I still haven't figured out the reasoning behind putting such a small tank on a truck that gets as terrible fuel mileage as ours do.
The tanks aren’t small. Same size as a 3rd gen 5.9 Cummins. Now days they just make them bigger. You shouldn’t have a low fuel pressure going under 1/4. You need to have that checked out.

·
168 Posts
Yeah, it's not small compared to the tank in my wife's Lexus. But yeah, they do make them bigger these days. And for good reason. Like I said, a 26 gallon tank for a truck that barely gets 20mpg unloaded on a flat highway is dumb.
I get the low pressure warning mainly when I get closer to the 1/8th tank. But for me, the difference between 1/4 and 1/8 is a single evening commute home from work. I definitely agree that it shouldn't happen every single time. I've read where others run theirs almost dry without a single issue. But I am hesitant to take it in because I will likely get met with "not covered under warranty" again, and because the shop had my truck for almost a month before they figured out the lift pump had died. I have zero confidence in the technical abilities of the one and only Nissan diesel tech in my area.

·
3 Posts
I regret not putting fass system in when my lift pumps broke. But it is what it is. With my average annual miles I put on the truck a year it would have paid for itself within 5 years. Filters are cheaper than fleetguard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts