Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately been driving around in heavy traffic in Seattle area (go figure), while going slow on the freeway or town driving while applying on/off throttle I get a squeak from the engine bay around where the EGR cooler is. It's like a linkage moving back and forth that needs some lube on it. It also happens when gear changes happens depending on throttle position.

Anyone else notice this on their truck.

·
1,265 Posts
I haven't noticed that..... But then again, my ears aren't as good as they used to be.... i'll try and pay more attention this weekend when I'm driving it.

·
224 Posts
Lately been driving around in heavy traffic in Seattle area (go figure), while going slow on the freeway or town driving while applying on/off throttle I get a squeak from the engine bay around where the EGR cooler is. It's like a linkage moving back and forth that needs some lube on it. It also happens when gear changes happens depending on throttle position.

Anyone else notice this on their truck.

If I'm not mistaken, which I could be, that is the location of the turbo rotary valve and actuator.

MB

·
122 Posts
Ive got that, finally turned the radio down and heard a little squeak coming from the engine compartment when press the accelerator a little bit and release it. While driving doesn't do it in park

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Reposting my explanation from another thread:

If it's a high pitch screech "chirp" during on and off the throttle, it's probably related to the RTC linkage going from the actuator to the valve that directs the exhaust gases to each turbo. It's metal on metal on the lower link (specially coated)...DO NOT spray it with oil lubricant because it will only make it worse and smoke you out when it gets up to temperature (hot side of the turbos). Mine does it a little, but I don't really notice it as much, I figure if it's really loud then the service dept can order a replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts