Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't purchased a new vehicle in awhile and when I did in the past, I didn't have to take it in for any warranty work, so never had an issue needing a loaner vehicle when dropping my vehicle off at the dealer. I'm a contract welder and travel state to state and bought my XD while at a job in Utah, so I don't have the luxury of taking it to the dealership I purchased it from. I just left the local Nissan dealership after wanting to drop it off to check the warning messages I've been getting about reduced power, but this dealership said they don't have a loaner vehicle program and I could pay to rent a car from them. I don't want to do that, and the service guy said I could call my original dealership to see if they would pay for my rental here. I called them and was told that they have a loaner program, but they couldn't pay for a rental here, but that it should be through Nissan, not the individual dealership, and I could see if Nissan would pay for it as a part of the warranty process.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this and knew who I might be able to contact directly to see if Nissan could take care of it instead of relying on the local dealer.

·
1,979 Posts
Loaner vehicles are at the dealerships discretion, unless you have a extended warranty that will normally pay for a loaner if the vehicle is in for service overnight. The only way Nissan would help you is if you were having a major problem & they felt like being nice.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did pay $4000 for an extended warranty but the service department at my original dealer said that was just for coverage after the original warranty expires. I thought maybe that would have had something to do with helping me out since it was labeled "service contract" and not "extended warranty"

·
1,979 Posts
That's true the extended warranty kicks in after the factory warranty is up but rental coverage should start immediately. I'd call the number on the extended warranty paperwork & ask them.

·
929 Posts
I did pay $4000 for an extended warranty but the service department at my original dealer said that was just for coverage after the original warranty expires. I thought maybe that would have had something to do with helping me out since it was labeled "service contract" and not "extended warranty"

In Canada the Nissan extended warranty is call an ASP warranty. You should receive an additional booklet with your owners manual. It pays for a rental if your vehicle has to stay at the dealership for a warranty repair.

·
904 Posts
I would call nissan consumer affairs and give them a piece of your mind. Don't take no for an answer and just keep going up the mgt ladder until they get you into at least an old titan (so at least it's a truck). The person on the other end of consumer affairs is not going to be American but they will escalate your problem to an American and will call you back. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts