Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking closely at most of the walkthroughs online and I have only seen an electronic locking rear differential in the pro4x trim. Do y'all think this will be an available upgrade for the other trims? If so, any guesses at the upgrade cost?

·
120 Posts
Idk on price but the pro4-x is pretty much middle ground in the lineup. But there ar different times on the pro. You can get a pretty basic without leather, sunroof, nav. Or g9 all out witch is just like an sl but with better shocks, skid plates and diff lock. Maybe 2k for the whole rear end.

·
492 Posts
I have been looking closely at most of the walkthroughs online and I have only seen an electronic locking rear differential in the pro4x trim. Do y'all think this will be an available upgrade for the other trims? If so, any guesses at the upgrade cost?
The e-locker was initially offered in the Offroad version of the original Titan, and later only in the Pro4x model. I expect that to be the same on the XD.
Find out in December:grin2:

·
94 Posts
Considering the mention of the Platinum seat inspiration in a couple of the videos, the platinum will have a locking diff too but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pro4x is the cheapest model with it.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info! I like the chrome on the SL but the e-locker on the pro-4x. Hopefully they either offer a chrome package for the pro4x or an e-locker on the SL. I think having this type of customization for different trims (like the big 3 do) will help the XD put a real dent in market share.

·
313 Posts
Considering the mention of the Platinum seat inspiration in a couple of the videos, the platinum will have a locking diff too but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pro4x is the cheapest model with it.
That would suck. With the 2015 F150 the e-locker option comes with max tow, or hd payload or fx4 options on all trim levels.

Hope Nissan is competitive. An e-locker is getting pretty mainstream.

Reactions: pyro404

·
22 Posts
In all the video walk-arounds I've seen, the only model that has the locking diff is the Pro-4X. I would think that it should be an option on high trim levels like the Platinum Reserve, but it has yet to be seen...

·
13 Posts
Feeling Ripped

I spend 60k on a 4x4 truck and it has no lockers!!! All that while a lesser expensive model has it and more!!! WTF!!! what a fucking ripp off. I feel cheated--that will rear it's ugly head the next time I buy a truck!

·
65 Posts
I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but didn't you know that before you bought the truck?

I spend 60k on a 4x4 truck and it has no lockers!!! All that while a lesser expensive model has it and more!!! WTF!!! what a fucking ripp off. I feel cheated--that will rear it's ugly head the next time I buy a truck!

·
38 Posts
I’m not saying this to be a jerk but you actually paid MSRP for this truck?

·
769 Posts

You do realize the locker is only for 4 low and 4 mph or less. Worthless really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
141 Posts
You do realize the locker is only for 4 low and 4 mph or less. Worthless really

I’ll agree AND disagree with ya. I don’t think it’s totally worthless; for a lot of off road situations, climbing, rocky stuff, etc...you’re really not driving that fast anyway. But yes; it’s also a bit silly...on Fords, you can use the locker in 2hi and 4hi, I’m not sure what the speed limitations are. Being a snowmobile guy, you’re driving in 4hi a lot once off the roads, and it would be nice to use it then and at higher speeds than 4mph!

·
769 Posts
I’ll agree AND disagree with ya. I don’t think it’s totally worthless; for a lot of off road situations, climbing, rocky stuff, etc...you’re really not driving that fast anyway. But yes; it’s also a bit silly...on Fords, you can use the locker in 2hi and 4hi, I’m not sure what the speed limitations are. Being a snowmobile guy, you’re driving in 4hi a lot once off the roads, and it would be nice to use it then and at higher speeds than 4mph!

Who do you know that uses an 8k pound truck to go rock crawling?

·
1,331 Posts

Who do you know that uses an 8k pound truck to go rock crawling?

Sunnypruit does and he is a member here.

https://instagram.com/p/BjD6ZIIAdsW/

https://instagram.com/p/BUid97VFN_b/

https://youtu.be/TF4eHJ9dM8w

·
141 Posts

·
141 Posts
It appears I’ve been misunderstood. I too think it’s silly that the electronic locker is only available in 4-lo, and only up to 4mph. However, I don’t think it’s worthless, and I’m sure there aren’t many people that would take a truck like this rock crawling...but I didn’t say anyone did. What would be closer to worthless; in my opinion, would be having a truck with an off road package like a Pro-4X with no locker or true limited slip at all... At least it has something; so no, I don’t think it’s worthless.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts