Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Sold my dodge today, what should I buy?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, should I be afraid to purchase a 2016 diesel? You still cant order turbos from what I understand as they are on backorder with no ETA?

·
1,158 Posts
I’ve had a lot of vehicles in my life, specifically trucks.

if I were to go buy a truck right now: i wouldn’t touch a Dodge, especially a 1500. The worry of parts for the Diesel is a real thought, however parts for all vehicles are hard to come by right now. Example: my wife was just t-boned in her 2020 Honda Pilot Elite- parts are on national back order for that, as well. So it is what it is. I think the brand new XDs are amazing trucks. A lot of improvements have been made on them in the last few years: 9 speed transmission, interior features, finally a sunroof, crash mitigation features, etc.

I’ve had a 2017 gasser XD and I currently have a 2017 diesel XD, so I’m familiar with both.

The new XDs have some deep discounts right now. I was very tempted at my last service appointment.

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
59 Posts
I traded in my '18 diesel for a '19 gas. I'm concerned about the engine itself (I had the turbo replaced), lack of support for it by the dealerships and Cummins and the overall cost of running a diesel. I tow heavy only a handful of time a year - cows to market, hay...that sort of thing. The rest of the time it's utility trailers. Diesels are expensive on fuel, oil changes, fuel filters, DEF, etc. If you don't need to tow heavy often, you should really consider the gas. Nissan's been making that 5.6L engine forever and it's rock solid. And it still has a pretty good tow capacity if you buy the XD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts