Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't say hi yesterday, but I've been on TitanTalk for quite a while now. I still haven't decided if I'll get a XD. In fact, I'm leaning more to the "not" side, but a lot will be decided this year once VW comes up with a plan to handle my Passat TDI, and if they offer a buy-back option I can afford. (If you care; more about my thoughts on that below.)

For now, I'm just going to come on here every now and then and see how your XD Diesels are doing, once you start getting them of course ;).
Thanks!
Scott

As for the TDI:
If they offer a buy-back option I can afford, I'm going to sell it back to them and get a Dodge EcoDiesel. I'll have to get the EcoDiesel as I drive 100 miles round trip daily for work. I simply cannot get the XD as my daily driver because the MPG isn't there.

If they don't offer a buy-back option, or one that I can afford, then I'll have to keep the TDI for a few more years at least until we get a 300+ mile Leaf option. Then I plan on buying the Leaf and the XD Diesel. The Leaf will be my daily commuter and the XD will be my weekend, tow, play toy. For now I'll have to keep renting a truck from uHaul at $19.95 per day when I need to haul my trailer or pick up supplies from Home Depot.

·
119 Posts
Why not just drive that great little TDI, you bought it for a reason and that reason is still valid. My '03 TDI (yes, I know, it's not the horrible, evil, sneaky corporation polluting one-wait, maybe it's worse!) has over 265K on it now and still never drops below 45-47 mpg..You didn't buy that fine little car because it was ecologically green, did ya?

·
235 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

The U.S. is suing VW so maybe they will compromise and buy back the affected vehicles in order to reduce the penalty. Just a waiting game now for people that owns an affected vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts