Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy new to the forum, I want to get some feed back on the 2019 I am looking at buying a slightly used one <45000 miles on it. I have a 2008 Nissan armada and I love it almost 200k on it with very little issues just normal wear and tear brakes, starter, thermostat, alternator. but I know that Nissan redesigned the 5.6 to direct fuel injection. I plan on pulling my 26 ft. sportsman BHLE its max weight loaded is around 7000 lbs. I use a weight distribution hitch with sway control when towing. I just want to get some feed back on how yall's tows and handles, grade pulling that much weight. my armada struggles to run 65 mph when pulling it on flat highways in south east Texas so I just don't want to buy something that will run 3500 rpm like the armada does.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks yall
:)

·
2 Posts
Hey guy new to the forum, I want to get some feed back on the 2019 I am looking at buying a slightly used one <45000 miles on it. I have a 2008 Nissan armada and I love it almost 200k on it with very little issues just normal wear and tear brakes, starter, thermostat, alternator. but I know that Nissan redesigned the 5.6 to direct fuel injection. I plan on pulling my 26 ft. sportsman BHLE its max weight loaded is around 7000 lbs. I use a weight distribution hitch with sway control when towing. I just want to get some feed back on how yall's tows and handles, grade pulling that much weight. my armada struggles to run 65 mph when pulling it on flat highways in south east Texas so I just don't want to buy something that will run 3500 rpm like the armada does.

Welcome to the forum, I have a 2018 pro4x xd gasser and it pulls my camper with ease. My camper is a bumper pull and I use a weight distribution hitch on mine, dry weight is 6800 and mine is loaded to around 7800-8000 pounds. On flat ground it stays in 6th gear around 2200 rpms I believe. When i get into some nice hills I just put in 5th and let it chug up. I stay around 65 and 7p mph. Very impressed with the truck, I've pulled the same camper with a half ton ram and it pulled it fine, but it just wasnt enough truck. I then got a ram with the Cummins and it obv pulled it with authority, but my wife didnt like the rough ride on the 3/4 ton ram. So we got the xd and I couldnt be happier.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going from the f250 Sd I just hate the Maint. On it SO EXPENSIVE. How many miles do you have on yours any issues with anything from a reliability stand point

·
98 Posts
I am going from the f250 Sd I just hate the Maint. On it SO EXPENSIVE. How many miles do you have on yours any issues with anything from a reliability stand point
So you tow with an F250 or an Armada? Either way, I don't think many folks have many if any issues with the Titan XD gas version. Couple people had transmission shift/flutter issues that apparently is resolved with a dealer reprogram. If you plan on staying in that weight range for a camper the Titan XD is more than enough truck and won't even be on the same level as an Armada(heavier tow vehicle, longer wheelbase, more torque, etc). If you're going to get a 9-10k+ camper I'd say look at the Ram 2500 or another 3/4 ton truck as you'll gain a lot of payload. The payload on my gas XD is right under 2300 lbs.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have an f250 but it’s got a ton of issues engine/transmission so we have been pulling with the armada. And yes I plan on staying in that weight class I am glad to hear from people who actually pull with them feel aBout them. I have been wanting one for a while!!

·
417 Posts
I traded my XD Cummins for an XD gasser, and LOVE the truck. Stick with a 2019 and newer as there were some issues with the 2017/2018 models with engine knocking (covered under warranty where it did happen). Otherwise these trucks are fantastic. Very under valued. What you get for the money is fantastic in my opinion. If you are looking at a 2019 gasser, I'd say go for it. This is the first time I've ever bought the same brand of truck a second time if that says anything (had Ford F150, Ram 1500, and a newer Tundra before). I tow a 24' bumper pull toy hauler, ~5000 lbs unloaded and about 9000 lbs fully loaded. Tows it like a boss. I often tow at ~75 mph and I don't even think twice about it, its that stable. Towing with the XD will be 100X better than towing with the Armada.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice man I am glad to here yeah I have heard a few things about the 17&18 I found an 18 with 9k on it was thinking that is most likely gonna be the one. did they extend the warranty for the knocking?

·
417 Posts
Nice man I am glad to here yeah I have heard a few things about the 17&18 I found an 18 with 9k on it was thinking that is most likely gonna be the one. did they extend the warranty for the knocking?
The warranty is still 100K, 5 years. But the knocking usually happens in the first ~25,000 miles or less. It rears up pretty early on if it is going to happen. Keep in mind they have been running these engines in the Infinty full size SUVs for quite a while now.

·
417 Posts
Also, when you get it from the dealer, you can extend the warranty for an additional 100K, as in if you buy it with 25K, you can warranty it up to 125K (and 3 years). That extended warranty is pretty cheap (<$15/month). I have considerable confidence in buying the gasser version of these trucks. I love mine.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am definitely going to get this one I think and yess I always buy the added warranty has saved me a few times in the past.

·
73 Posts
In November, I bought an CPO '18 XD SV gas with 6500 miles. I have 7yr/100k warranty bumper to bumper from the day I bought it. It was an upgrade they offered over the standard CPO. All it really gave me was another year because in-service date was a year before I bought it.

No problems yet, but I've only put 3500 miles on it - just cracked 9K miles. But, it's comforting knowing that I'm covered if there are any issues.

·
421 Posts
I purchased a 2016 XD SV diesel new and have decided to go back to a gas truck. I went to a local dealer and test drove a 2019 XD gasser and the impact in power was way more then I expected it to be. The 7 spd trans just doesn’t feel right but maybe the new 9 spd will be better.

·
20 Posts
I have a 19 Titan xd Pro gas. I pulled my 8000 lb travel trailer from Arkansas to Utah mostly on Interstate 70. From there we traveled down to Arizona. I returned to Arkansas on interstate 40. The only times I could not maintain the speed limit was heading west in Kansas with a strong headwind and in New Mexico heading east with a headwind. I had no problems with the mountains in Colorado and Utah. It’s my wife’s truck. We both love it and very happy we bought it. It has a little over 11,000 miles.

·
417 Posts
I purchased a 2016 XD SV diesel new and have decided to go back to a gas truck. I went to a local dealer and test drove a 2019 XD gasser and the impact in power was way more then I expected it to be. The 7 spd trans just doesn’t feel right but maybe the new 9 spd will be better.
I switched from a 2016 P4X Cummins to the 2017 P4X gasser and my opinion is there is tons of power with the gasser. 395 Hp versus 310 Hp to be exact. For you to think there is a drop off in power, your diesel must have been deleted. My Cummins was a dog until I put on the iDrive and ran a emission friendly tune. But with the EF tune, my DEF use went from about a jug refill every 1500 miles to a jug of DEF refill every 600 miles. I literally had to refill the DEF every other tank of diesel. It was ridiculous. I just towed our toy hauler 2 weekends ago (9000 lbs fully loaded). Gasser towed it like a boss. Plenty of power.

·
8 Posts

I have a 2018 gasser, and I tow a TT much like yours. I did a solo trip from VT to Southern Nevada- 2700miles and 3700 miles back. Traveled over the Rockies near Denver with the trailer fully loaded. No problems at all if you downshift going up hill. Roads in Utah and Nevada are 75-80 mph speed limit, and the truck could do this speed, but I usually went a bit slower. My truck did about 9 to 10 MPG for the trip when towing. Around town, unhitched 14-20 depending upon the route and speed.Very happy with this truck.Good Luck.

·
421 Posts
My 16 diesel is completely stock and feels better in every way over the 5.6L gasser. In my opinion I think it’s the transmission gearing that’s the issue. The Nissan dealer will let me take the gasser for a day to tow with it if I want and may do. I’ve driven the a RAM 6.4 2500 and Chevy 6.6l 2500 and they both leave me with a better impression for a gasser. Unless one of those two are offered with deal that’s too good to let go I’ll hold off and wait to test the new 9 spd 5.6l XD. FYI probably 90% + of the miles I put on my XD are towing. I transport my horses to various farms at least once a week sometimes more and will tow a 8k lb RV during vacations.

·
5 Posts
I traded my XD Cummins for an XD gasser, and LOVE the truck. Stick with a 2019 and newer as there were some issues with the 2017/2018 models with engine knocking (covered under warranty where it did happen). Otherwise these trucks are fantastic. Very under valued. What you get for the money is fantastic in my opinion. If you are looking at a 2019 gasser, I'd say go for it. This is the first time I've ever bought the same brand of truck a second time if that says anything (had Ford F150, Ram 1500, and a newer Tundra before). I tow a 24' bumper pull toy hauler, ~5000 lbs unloaded and about 9000 lbs fully loaded. Tows it like a boss. I often tow at ~75 mph and I don't even think twice about it, its that stable. Towing with the XD will be 100X better than towing with the Armada.
Bought my 2018 XD last year. Have not heard about this engine knock issue. Can you tell me more? (doing search on this forum as well).

·
1,082 Posts
I switched from a 2016 P4X Cummins to the 2017 P4X gasser and my opinion is there is tons of power with the gasser. 395 Hp versus 310 Hp to be exact. For you to think there is a drop off in power, your diesel must have been deleted. My Cummins was a dog until I put on the iDrive and ran a emission friendly tune. But with the EF tune, my DEF use went from about a jug refill every 1500 miles to a jug of DEF refill every 600 miles. I literally had to refill the DEF every other tank of diesel. It was ridiculous. I just towed our toy hauler 2 weekends ago (9000 lbs fully loaded). Gasser towed it like a boss. Plenty of power.
Hp doesnt mean shit when it comes to diesel bud. The 555 lb ft of torque compared to your 400 is the difference. The gasser in no way will tow better than a diesel

·
98 Posts
Hp doesnt mean shit when it comes to diesel bud. The 555 lb ft of torque compared to your 400 is the difference. The gasser in no way will tow better than a diesel
Actually "tow better" is subjective. I believe the gas version is faster towing based on videos. I also don't believe the XD diesel has an exhaust break. Just blown engines to deal with and exhaust system headaches:censored:

·
1,082 Posts
Actually "tow better" is subjective. I believe the gas version is faster towing based on videos. I also don't believe the XD diesel has an exhaust break. Just blown engines to deal with and exhaust system headaches:censored:
Faster and towing should never be two words in same sentence. Idc what the posted speed is, you should never tow anything bvb heavy over 70, it's just outright careless. And I will gladly hook 14k to the back of both our trucks and prove my point to you

1 - 20 of 25 Posts