Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning y’all. Joined to get info and feed back on XD 5.0. It’s cautiously high on my list as a replacement for my Tacoma. I say cautiously because the one and only Nissan I’ve ever owned was a 07 Xterra that was a nightmare. I drive diesels every day for work, we have 6 different f series work trucks. I love our F250 we use for travel but I think that platform is just overkill for my intended purposes. My current Taco is geared more towards off road adventures which I love doing but it’s getting to small for my family.(2 kids,3 big dogs). We are buying a small camper/toy hauler this spring to extend our range for adventures and I want something that will handle those duties plus be reasonably good at off road exploring.
93D4A55B-88FA-4B9A-94C9-399B63478BBC.jpeg
The current adventure mobile.

·
936 Posts
That 2007 Xterra probably suffered from the transmissions/radiator fiasco they had. I had a 2009 (the year they fixed that issue) and it was one of the most reliable vehicles I’ve ever owned.

Honestly, with the 0% interest and screaming car deals, have you looked at an XD Gasser thats Brand new??

My local Nissan dealer here in NC has the new XDs and non-XDs with 0.0% for 84 months and 9,900+ off of the sticker. That’s free money.

I don’t think the diesel (modern diesels of any brand) are worth the hassle unless they are deleted.

Just a thought.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My X had the rear axle replaced twice, the manual trans wouldn’t shift into 2nd when it was cold outside. It had ton of different electronic issues window regulators, heater blower motor(3x), ECM took a dump and more. It was like a super hot but shitty girlfriend. It was good off road felt like it had twice the power of my Tacoma. I’ll take a look at the gas versions especially if I can get that good of a deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts