Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking into getting a diesel truck. There aren't too many on the market right now as far as I know, but that is why i'm excited to learn more about the Titan.

Looking forward to discussing it with all you guys.

Living in Toronto here.

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping to get a combination of capability and good fuel mileage. I have heard that the fuel economy on the Titan isn't that impressive so I am waiting to see what happens with that. I'm also hoping that I will save some money on diesel fuel if its price stays low.

·
857 Posts
I am hoping to get a combination of capability and good fuel mileage. I have heard that the fuel economy on the Titan isn't that impressive so I am waiting to see what happens with that. I'm also hoping that I will save some money on diesel fuel if its price stays low.
Nice!
What other trucks have you been looking to already if any? Does the new RAM 1500 Eco Diesel interest you?

·
81 Posts

Have you seen the new spy shots? What do you think of it now?

·
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't seen anything for sure, just been reading people's comments who say that they would like one. Do the competitors offer a manual transmission, or are they strictly automatic now?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
664 Posts
I believe the titan will use the ZF-8 speed, which is rated to the ISVs torque and was used in the Frontier-Cummins.

Manual transmissions have to be tested separately from automatics, which would be a significant cost for such a small market share. Especially when just about everyone else has dropped manuals due to low demand. I think Ram is the only one with a manual, but its pretty severely derated.

·
857 Posts
I wouldn't want a manual transmission in this since automatics these days are so much more efficient and durable, might as well with all the millions they have spend with R&D and testing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts