Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 SV midnight edition with 58.7k on the ODO. Given that next year my 5 year warranty is up and given the hopeless design of emissions systems I want to get ahead of a breakdowns.

I'm not super educated on what a full delete includes but given the tech that goes into newer diesels (EGR, DPF, SCR, etc.). What are suggestions for a full delete? I would prefer to get a bundled package so I'm not tracking down multiple shipments. Here's a link I found and just wanting to get some roundabout suggestions. TIA!!

·
66 Posts
My suggestion would be to do a dpf delete, single tune, and worry about the egr later. The delete file should close off the egr where the exhaust gases are directed to the turbo instead of back through the intake. The only problem you would have with the egr at that point is if it starts leaking. I would also be cautious of a package deal with the egr delete because not very many companies make those parts for a 5.0 Cummins. Just my $.02.

·
166 Posts
There's not a whole lot to it, package-wise. You need the EZ-lynk and appropriate cables, the straight pipe, and the tuning package. When I was looking around, the only ones that combined all three components into one deal were way too expensive.

·
11 Posts
I bit the bullet and went with DPFDelete shop. Ordered all my stuff in October 2021 and cost wise was around $1500. Got it installed 3 weeks ago over Christmas break. So far works great. Worth it for me price wise....beggars can't be choosers now that the delete game is under EPA scrutiny. It is an investment but it changes so much about the truck. Hell people spend $1500 on a head unit or car stereo all the time. Tunes are preloaded on EZ Lynk from GDP, pipes are P1Racing, all the cables, etc. needed were included.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
940 Posts
I bit the bullet and went with DPFDelete shop. Ordered all my stuff in October 2021 and cost wise was around $1500. Got it installed 3 weeks ago over Christmas break. So far works great. Worth it for me price wise....beggars can't be choosers now that the delete game is under EPA scrutiny. It is an investment but it changes so much about the truck. Hell people spend $1500 on a head unit or car stereo all the time. Tunes are preloaded on EZ Lynk from GDP, pipes are P1Racing, all the cables, etc. needed were included.
1500 is actually pretty cheap. I don't see any easy way of doing it less than that, to be honest.

·
5 Posts
I have a 2018 SV midnight edition with 58.7k on the ODO. Given that next year my 5 year warranty is up and given the hopeless design of emissions systems I want to get ahead of a breakdowns.

I'm not super educated on what a full delete includes but given the tech that goes into newer diesels (EGR, DPF, SCR, etc.). What are suggestions for a full delete? I would prefer to get a bundled package so I'm not tracking down multiple shipments. Here's a link I found and just wanting to get some roundabout suggestions. TIA!!

Here you go Ford Powerstroke | Ram Cummins | GM Duramax | DPF & EGR Delete Kits this is where I got all the goodies, my "story" is my 16' with 78K had a DPF issue it wasn't using DEF the truck never went into limp mode but was slow to get up and go. I called Nissan gave them all the info, the kid on the other end of the line told me the warranty would cover the "engine" but NOTHING to do with emissions. I asked how much the parts would cost? He said around $1400. I was able to get everything I needed to eliminate any problems with emissions forever for $1800. It took me about 3 hours to do the complete delete and tune with installing the SOFT that I installed just below the steering column. it sounded intimidating but was VERY simple. I paid extra for the unlimited updates so if you decide to go with just one setting I would suggest the 2nd setting for the everyday travel and towing. I haven't noticed much of a MPG difference on any of the 4 setting but went from 13.6 (no tune) to 18.2 (turned). the truck sounds great and the performance is night and day and NO MORE check engine light. hope this helps. if you have any questions just ask.
PS the Nissan unlock cable will ship separate from the tuner was about a day or 2 later than the tune and pipe.

·
2018 4x4 Texas Titan XD
1 Posts
I've been stalking the site for a couple months, and about to order a delete kit for a clean, no issues 18 XD. My concern is I don't see any "muffler" that would remain after the emissions crap is gone. I expect the increased turbo and exhaust sound, but don't want it obnoxiously loud since its my lady's primary. Any advice, or is this not an issue?

·
9 Posts
DELETED 16 XD 174k, i think my timing chain broke yesterday.. I hope.. died.. will restart but clanking.. will report more tomrw.. have been towing a horse trailer 350 miles lately to move my house and stuff.. I am in Seneca SC.. Home is Cambridge Oh.. Got a good guy back home.. have to get the truck there.. lol

·
152 Posts
Y
DELETED 16 XD 174k, i think my timing chain broke yesterday.. I hope.. died.. will restart but clanking.. will report more tomrw.. have been towing a horse trailer 350 miles lately to move my house and stuff.. I am in Seneca SC.. Home is Cambridge Oh.. Got a good guy back home.. have to get the truck there.. lol
You holler at carolina diesel performance? Not far from ya

·
9 Posts
Actually is a BROKEN CRANK.... Grrrrrr searching for solutions... Mick

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
799 Posts
I've been stalking the site for a couple months, and about to order a delete kit for a clean, no issues 18 XD. My concern is I don't see any "muffler" that would remain after the emissions crap is gone. I expect the increased turbo and exhaust sound, but don't want it obnoxiously loud since its my lady's primary. Any advice, or is this not an issue?
Worst case you can cut a section of the test pipe out and put in a 4” industrial muffler.

I found that with the windows closed the turbine noise isn’t an issue. Open is a whole different story.

I have my turbos set differently in my tune, so I get significantly more combustion note and a noticeable drone at 1600-1800rpm.

·
724 Posts
Hey, I am in Seneca SC, too!

Carolina Diesel Performance flat out doesn't want to talk to you if you are not an "American" truck.

Reactions: Mick The Maag
1 - 13 of 13 Posts