Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a set of stock 20s with275/60R20 general grabber ATXs with 75/80% tread left with TPMS and the spare rim with no rubber looking to trade for something. Open to everything
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
407 Posts
Just a question - how do you like those General ATX tires?

I am in FL - just curious about the tires because they are on my list. I ran BFG AT/KO on the previous truck when I lived in PA and may get those again, but am keeping my options open.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a question - how do you like those General ATX tires?

I am in FL - just curious about the tires because they are on my list. I ran BFG AT/KO on the previous truck when I lived in PA and may get those again, but am keeping my options open.
I love them, full delete and no issues gripping in rain. Had them in the winter and no issues.
I also reside in PA so you know how the roads are during storms.

·
407 Posts
I love them, full delete and no issues gripping in rain. Had them in the winter and no issues.
I also reside in PA so you know how the roads are during storms.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know about how the roads are in PA with that kind of weather but that kind of weather is not my problem anymore. I'll gladly take the six inches of rain we can get in one day versus six inches of snow.

My biggest concerns are wet traction and sand traction so I can park and fish on the beach.

Those General ATX tires caught my attention because the Tire Rack's decision guide picked them as the best choice for the criteria I selected. I have the OE General Grabbers on the XD which are more of a street tire. They are great on the roads in the rain so far, but of course a bit lacking in the sand.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know about how the roads are in PA with that kind of weather but that kind of weather is not my problem anymore. I'll gladly take the six inches of rain we can get in one day versus six inches of snow.

My biggest concerns are wet traction and sand traction so I can park and fish on the beach.

Those General ATX tires caught my attention because the Tire Rack's decision guide picked them as the best choice for the criteria I selected. I have the OE General Grabbers on the XD which are more of a street tire. They are great on the roads in the rain so far, but of course a bit lacking in the sand.
I go to the OSV in Ocean City, I was slightly nervous with a heavy truck on soft soft sand.
I aired down to 25psi all around and had no issues what so ever.
On the highway when it’s raining I’ve never had any moments where I felt like I was going to break lose. However when It is wet and I stomped on It, the traction control kicked in for about 50 yards. ( I was trying to hoon It slightly). The traction control worked great and never left me dead in the water, just wouldn’t break them lose and go full on.

·
407 Posts
I used to go to IBSP. There was no traction control wizardry on my 90s-era truck which came with open diffs. I had upgraded to front and rear limited slip. It was a beast with the BFGs and could go almost anywhere. Most times I didn't even air down out there.

I also used to wheel out in the NJ pine barrens too, had good times back in the day.

I'm probably gonna go with those Generals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.