Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like 4 nissan engineers decided I needed a new transfer case. Truck has less than 2000 miles? Pro4x

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a 4wd error And 4wd wouldn't lock in 4hi or 4lo. Dealer said nissan was flying in engineers. They showed up! All 6 of them today.. They asked if I could leave thruck as they did not want a catastrophic breakdown with me on the road. They ordered the transfer case which is supposed to be here on Friday and they put me in a 2015 titan in the mean time. Will keep everyone posted.

·
919 Posts
They usually like to take the entire component to tear it down themselves. This way they take measurements, see exactly what has happened inside. I've had to remove entire wiring harnesses without disconnecting connectors from sensors so they could take them apart themselves to inspect them. It's also very possible parts are not available separately for them yet.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After driving Xd for 6 weeks. I got into the. 2015 titan and it was like getting into an s10. It feels tiny...!I don't know who owned this 2015 before I got it but man it runs like Crap. My 2012 titan ran WAY better. All four tires are out of balance. Beat you half to death going down the interstate. But it least they did get me in a truck and not a Sentra...

·
405 Posts
Good luck man. Keep us updated. I've used my 4wd twice now just to test and make sure it works but haven't really needed it.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man do I miss my truck! Dealer called yesterday and said the transfer case is in and hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow...

·
167 Posts
Looks like I'm getting a new transfer case as well. I have had the 4wd error light come on several times when I'm just driving down the road normally. Take it in to get checked out and they can't find anything wrong with it. I get it back and haven't had the light come on since even though they didn't fix anything. Anyways I get a call yesterday from the service tech. Apparently Nissan notified them that they are being shipped a new transfer case to replace mine. I guess all errors get reported back to Nissan and they have had a couple transfer cases binding in the first models so they are not taking any chances. Good job Nissan that's good service. I didn't even have to ask about what do I do if it happens again.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good to know. My transfer case is intalled in the truck now but they are waiting on a couple bolts for the drive shaft. They have been on order since I think Monday. I asked the service writer how long and he said he didn't know. So they put a rush on transfer case but I am still without my truck for a couple bolts.?

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cmac what's the last 4 numbers on your vin? Wonder if it was a bad batch on first run of transfer cases?

·
167 Posts
It's 2044 so not the first off the line. Funny part is I have not had the warning come up since I went in. Its very strange.

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just bad luck I guess. Mine has been in shop now 2 weeks today. I had them put me in a 2015 titan. I told them I needed a truck! The transfer case is in but they are waiting on 2 bolts for the drive shaft now...

·
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just wanted to give an update... I took truck to shop 2 and a half weeks ago. Nissan said they were changing transfer case. Nissan put a RUSH shipment on the transfer case and within 4-5 days it was installed. Well that is where the priority left... I can't get my truck back because they need a couple of bolts for the driveshaft. Ok, now a week and a half later still waiting on 2 bolts for the driveshaft. I called the dealer and asked what happened to the bolts were they broke when they took them off? He said no that Nissan doesn't want you to reuse a bolt for the driveshaft that has been torqued to spec? So that Was 3 days ago. I called them again today and they told me that they haven't gotten the bolts yet and that Nissan engineering was working on it? I jokingly said there was a true value down the road to get some bolts at...... I dont think he found much humor in that... CMAC when they take your truck to change the transfer case make sure they have the bolts on hand for the driveshaft before you ever hand them your keys or you will be in same pickle as me. I may be calling Nissan customer care to have a discussion today..

·
6 Posts
I would. Torque to yield bolts on the D shaft sounds like a bunch of crap.
ASk him to show you in their service system or parts system where it shows them being torque to yield. If it was, Nissan would have them, and they could overnight some in by now.

·
167 Posts
Just wanted to give an update... I took truck to shop 2 and a half weeks ago. Nissan said they were changing transfer case. Nissan put a RUSH shipment on the transfer case and within 4-5 days it was installed. Well that is where the priority left... I can't get my truck back because they need a couple of bolts for the driveshaft. Ok, now a week and a half later still waiting on 2 bolts for the driveshaft. I called the dealer and asked what happened to the bolts were they broke when they took them off? He said no that Nissan doesn't want you to reuse a bolt for the driveshaft that has been torqued to spec? So that Was 3 days ago. I called them again today and they told me that they haven't gotten the bolts yet and that Nissan engineering was working on it? I jokingly said there was a true value down the road to get some bolts at...... I dont think he found much humor in that... CMAC when they take your truck to change the transfer case make sure they have the bolts on hand for the driveshaft before you ever hand them your keys or you will be in same pickle as me. I may be calling Nissan customer care to have a discussion today..
I will definitely be ensuring they have those in stock before I hand my keys over. I'm still confused as to the issue because I've not had the warning light come on since it was in the dealership and it was coming on near every day prior. It also sounds like the technicians are not top quality at your dealership. There should be no justification for 2.5 weeks in the shop for a couple of bolts. Sounds like they are just not willing to find a work around. I'd be pissed. If you engine detonated, sure 2.5 weeks can be expected, but a couple bolts seems dubious. I'm sure they don't make special bolts just for the driveline of the xd and not for any other application in the world.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts